your ASP.NET Web pageszikoy9
For this project, you will be continuing to enhance your course project. From previous work, you should now have an application that is connected to a database for display and updating of your data. The application uses an sqlConnection object and data-bound controls for the data connection, but this represents some problems for future development, and this is a good time to examine the architecture of your system to develop an application that will be easier to maintain and enhance.
For this project, you will modify your application to use a simple three-tier architecture composed of a presentation layer, a business logic layer, and data access layers. To create this new architecture, you will create business objects that communicate with the database. These business objects will contain the code necessary to query the database, and the presentation layer (your ASP.NET Web pages) will use these controls for interaction with the user. To create a great architecture, you can also create an interface to the database that is separate from the business logic layer and contains all of the SQL queries within methods that the business layer can call.
The following are the project deliverables:
- Application Design Document
- Use MS Word
- Title Page
- Course number and name
- Project name
- Student name
- Add a Revised Architecture section to your design document
- Briefly describe your new architecture.
- Include a summary of the changes made to the application to support the new architecture.
- Describe the new components created for your application, and identify how and where they are used.
- Name the document "yourname_ITSD425_IP3.doc."
- Application Updates
- Create at least 2 business objects (components) for your application that contain code to interact with your database (optionally through a data access layer).
- Use the new components in the Web application, and create some unique business logic code for the components.
- LINQ should be used for communication between the controls and the database.
- Any code necessary for the project should be C# and documented with good comments.
- Be sure to include a thorough description of the changes made for this assignment in a "PROJECT_UPDATE.DOCX" in the project folder. This document will identify the areas of the application that demonstrate the satisfaction of each of the requirements.
- The project folder should be zipped to a file called "ITSD425_IP2.ZIP." The file should include the design document and all project files. Submit the zip file for grading
- 7 years ago