Assignment 1: Discussion—Employee Health And Safety: A Global Perspective
BANKS Industries is currently operating in both the United States and China. As a US-based company, BANKS is accustomed to conforming to US law regarding employee health and safety. However, Chinese law is different and, in many cases, offers looser standards for employee protection.
Using the module readings, the University online library resources, and the Internet, respond to the following:
- From a global perspective, should the company operate under the laws that are provided in each country of operation or should it adhere to the higher standard regardless of where it operates? Justify your answer.
- Is this a legal issue, an ethical issue, or both? Justify your answer.
- Cite at least one example of differences in health or safety standards that BANKS should consider as it moves forward. Explain why this standard should be considered.
By Saturday, August 8, 2015, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Monday, August 10, 2015, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Initial response was:
- 6 years ago
- Inventory Management Systems Due Week 2 and worth 100 points Your sister owns a small clothing store. During a conversation at a family dinner, she mentions her frustration with having to manually track and reorder high demand items. She would like an aut
- ACC 490 Week 4 Team Assignment Apollo Shoes Case Assignment Part 2
- Assignment 2: Family Dynamics
- You are interested in
- BIO - Describe how the clonal expansion theory explains the more rapid production of antigen
- phys lab hw can anyone help?
- BUS 475 100 Questions with ANSWERS 2 Set
- Devry BSOP 588 (Managing Quality) Week 4 & Midterm Exam A+ Graded
Assignment 1: Discussion—Course Reflection
Based on your learning and experiences going through this course as well as the research you conducted, do the following:
7 years ago
- Identify three reasons domestic …
Today, companies must decide whether to sell their products directly to their customers via the Internet or to use more traditional methods of distribution.
Respond to the following:
6 years ago
- Do you think the …
Assignment 2: Course Reflection
As you complete this course, look back on the experience. What are the five most important concepts that you have learned from the course? Explain each of …4 years ago
Based on your business experience and the information accumulated in this course, identify three possible research topics related to the subject of the course. What managerial problems or …6 years ago
Assignment 1: Discussion—Team Communication Challenges
When working with teams composed of diverse individuals, often in cross-cultural settings, there is significant potential for errors …4 years ago
Assignment 1: Discussion—Developing Trust
Communicating ethically to employees as well as other internal and external stakeholders is of the utmost importance for leaders and managers. …4 years ago
Assignment 1: Discussion—Employee Health and Safety: A Global Perspective
BANKS Industries is currently operating in both the United States and China. As a US-based company, BANKS is …4 years ago
Assignment 1: Discussion—Exchange Rate Risk
As a member of the finance team for an MNC, GBATT, you’ve been tasked by the CFO with monitoring the value of the currency used in foreign and domestic …5 years ago
Assignment 1: Discussion—Workforce 2010 and Workforce 2020
The workplace is constantly changing. As companies grow on a global level, their needs change, as do the needs of employees. …4 years ago
Assignment 1: Discussion—Exploring Potential Research Topics
Based on your business experience and the information accumulated in this course, identify three possible research topics related to the …4 years ago