see attachment for the article
Read the paper by Alan Turing, "Computing Machinery and Intelligence". In this paper, he
describes a test that could be used to determine if a machine is intelligent. He referred to the test
as the "Imitation Game". Today, it is usually referred to as "The Turing Test". However, most
people misunderstand what the Turing Test actually means.
So, after you read the paper:
(1) Write a paragraph explaining in your own words, what the Turing Test actually means.
In section 6, he gives several arguments against intelligent machines and then supplies his
reasons why these arguments are wrong. For this assignment, choose one of his arguments
against intelligent machines and do the following.
(2) Explain in your own words what you think the argument against intelligent machines is, and
what Turing response to this argument is.
(3) Give your own opinion on whether you support the argument or whether you agree with
Turing's refutation of the argument.
This assignment should be a couple of paragraphs: anywhere from about half a page to not more
that a full page. Please use a word processor and check your spelling and grammar. It is not
necessary that you agree with Turing to get full credit, but that you provide some evidence that
you have thought about the problem.
- 6 years ago
- A U.S. Company has a 40,000 euro loan in Germany that must be paid in 30 days. Assume the 30-day money market rates in the U.S. and Germany are both 2% for lending and 3.5% for borrowing. The current exchange rate is 1.55 dollars per euro. If the company
- Eng. essay need help
- Suppose that the reserve ratio is .25, and that a bank has actual reserves of $15,000, loans of $40,000, and...
- Intro to Int2
- 4-5 page well organized essay
- How are new technologies affecting OSINT collection and analysis? What potential vulnerabilities does a social media network present? Define Social Media Intelligence....
- Economics of Multinational Enterprise
- Music Analysis
- C++ programming
- PACE Anthro 101