Writing a bad news letter due SaturdayAlex70333
Due Saturday by 2 pm Eastern US time
These two links show examples for bad news letter:
Choose one of the two following topics:
Subject: Bad News/ Adjustment Letter
Write a bad-news/ adjustment letter based on one of the following situations. Length is not a factor; you are done when you have appropriately communicated with your audience.
1. 1- You are the owner of Nittany Consulting Group, and you recently interviewed two candidates for an entry-level technical writing position. Jeanette Student was the candidate not chosen. You must write a bad news letter telling her that she did not get the job. She was a good candidate, but not as qualified in the required computer programs as the other candidate. She also did not score as well on the editing test.
You must tell her that she did not get the job and why. You may be interested in hiring her in the future, so you want to remain cordial while also offering her helpful advice.
Make up names and addresses as needed.
2. 2-You are the Academic Dean of Nittany College. You don’t have enough new students enrolling in the Auctioneering and Sales Science degree program. Therefore, you are closing the major to all new students. Freshman and sophomores will no longer be allowed to choose this major. Write a bad news letter to students telling them about the decision, and that they will need to find a new major before the end of the semester.
Invent any reasonable details. Make up names and addresses as needed.
These are the instructions:
Saying “No” Diplomatically
1. Thank customers for writing.
a. Use a buffer statement.
b. Telling them no in the first sentence may make them angry.
2. State the problem so that customers realize that you understand their complaint.
3. Explain what happened with the product or service before you give the customer a decision.
· Provide a factual, respectful explanation to show customers they are being treated fairly. Don’t focus on what the customer may have done wrong.
4. Give your decision without hedging. Arrive at a fair and firm decision.
· Examples of hedging
o Perhaps some type of resolution could be made later
o Further proof would have been helpful.
5. Turn your No into a benefit for the readers. Your attitude needs to be “We cannot grant your request, but we can help you solve your problem this way.”
6. Leave the door open for better and continued business.
· Be diplomatic and show respect.
· Express your desire to do business with them again.
- 6 years ago
- The Instructions or Manual paper
- Research of Diseases
- Impacts of a borderless society
- Economics Calculations
- The controller of Sagehen Enterprises believes that the company should switch from the LIFO method to the FIFO method. The...
- Suppose your instructor randomly surveyed his or her performance
- Create a decision tree for the following problem
- Create an Annotated Bibliography consisting of five sources. Each entry will consist of a reference list citation that precedes a 100-150 word summary of the source.
- Office Robert Barton
- Supply Chain Management as a Value Driver