Writhing an introductory paragraph for a philosophy paperjulia411
This is a phi essay, which is due on 12/8/2012.
you need to write 7-8 pages
Writing an Introductory Paragraph for a Philosophy Paper
An introductory paragraph not only introduces the topic of the paper, but it also provides a clear statement of the point that is to be made in the paper. An introductory paragraph should also include a brief statement about how the paper will be organized—a table of contents, so to speak, for the paper.
Here are several possible topics for your paper:
- Discuss what happens when you die according to Plato, Augustine, and Leibniz.
- Consider the treatment of women in the Dhammapada, the Analects, and the Tao Te Ching.
- Which of our assigned texts presents the most coherent account of reincarnation: Upanishads, Phaedo,or Shobogenzo?
- Describe the samurai relationship with Confucianism, Buddhism, and Christianity.
- Which of our philosophers has the most faith in knowledge based on empirical evidence: Aristotle, Dogen, or Hume?
Please choose one of these topics and practice writing an introductory paragraph for a paper on your chosen topic. Be sure to include a clear opening sentence that identifies what the paper will be about, followed by 2-4 more sentences addressing why this is an interesting/important/confusing issue. Then provide a single clear statement of the point you wish to make in the paper (e.g. “I plan to establish that Zen Buddhism lacks a coherent sense of the possibility of reincarnation”). Immediately following your thesis statement, provide a sentence or two that explicitly lays out the structure of your paper (e.g. “First I will describe X, and then I will talk about Y and Z. Finally, I will argue that …”).
- 9 years ago
- I need to write a five page reaction paper I have to read a book and write a five page...
- list at least 4 other modern day countrys that make up the area known as the middle east
- What aspects of American political-economic culture do the authors think will/can protect us from rule by an aristocracy?
- what does a climate diagram summarize?
- Describe the Iron Triangle subsystem.
- rewrite with references
- Math questions
- What are the two types of networks that are specific to the user? How are these types of networking advantageous...
- the greeks viewed their northern neighbors, the (blank), as barbarians