WK 5 1&2jery.b
Prior to completing this discussion, read the Critical Literary Theories handout.
In the Critical Literary Theories handout, four different kinds of critical approaches are presented. Consider which of the four theories you find most interesting as a means for understanding literature. Your post should be at least 300 words in length. The minimum word count does not include references.Choose two of those critical approaches and address the points below.
- Describe each critical approach in detail.
- Compare and/or contrast the two critical approaches. How are they different and similar?
- Determine which critical approach you find most useful for examining the conflicts and meaning in literature.
- Explain why you chose this particular approach as the most useful. Why does it appeal to you?
Prior to beginning your initial post, read the handout, How to Ask an Open-Ended Question. In addition, review your initial response to the Clugston (2014) quote from Week One: “There’s a powerful curiosity about human relationships and how to cope in the world in which we find ourselves.” (Section 1.1, para. 2).
Reflect: In this discussion, you will reflect on what you learned in the course by practicing the skill of asking an open ended academic question. This exercise will allow you to engage in a discussion you create with your peers. It also helps you to ask your own questions about literature, which can serve as a gateway to initiating critical analysis. Think of an open-ended question about literature that you would like to ask in order to challenge your classmates to reflect more deeply. Also, reflect on your initial response to the Clugston quote in Week 1 Discussion 1. How have your feelings about literature changed or remained the same?
Write: Your initial post should be at least 300 words in length. The minimum word count does not include references.
- Construct an open-ended question (see How to Ask an Open-Ended Question handout) to ask your peers about the literature you read in the class. Avoid asking closed-end questions that require a “yes” or “no” answer. The question should not be overly broad or too general, but focus on specific literary conflicts, techniques, or themes.
- Share what you learned by reading your peers’ posts throughout the class.
- Discuss your initial response to the Clugston (2014) quote from Week One. Based on what you learned about literature, what has changed? How will these changes impact your perspective on literature?
- 4 years ago
- MIS 535 All Homework Quizzes Week 1 to 7.....................(MIS 535 Managerial Applications of Information Technology - DeVry)
- Management paper
- 20 places presentation. it is due in 7 hours from now
- Java (JDK) HW
- verified answer
- Unit 8 project
- MGMT 597 Week 2 Homework..............(MGMT 597 Strat Considrs Mgrs & Ownrs - DeVry)
- OT Assignment
Prior to completing this discussion, read the Critical Literary Theories handout. ( see attached file for handout)
…5 years ago
- NOT RATED
I have attached the information for you Prof. Linda. Thank you.5 years ago
- NOT RATED
• Week 5 - Discussion 1
Distinguish Critical Approaches
Prepare: Prior to completing this discussion, read the Critical Literary Theories handout.
…4 years ago