WK 4 Assignmentonefan1
One aspect of professional development that educators can participate in is that of educational conferences. While you may at some point have participated in an educational conference as an attendee, you have the opportunity in this assignment to think as a presenter! This assignment will also provide you the opportunity to create a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter.
In this assignment, you will take your discussion presentation you prepared for the staff meeting and convert it into a poster that you could use at an academic conference. As well, often when submitting a poster proposal you include a CV and cover letter that highlight your experience and research interests.
Historically, a conference poster session involves use of a large poster-board style document as a reference when speaking with conference attendees about your research or practical experiences with a topic. Increasingly, the poster session involves handouts in digital format transferred through QR codes or another medium and may involve a television or other screen display to communicate your research at an academic conference. Always, your poster presentation contains a title, introduction to your question, overview of your approach, results from your study or experience, and your planned next steps in applying or expanding the study or experience. Additionally, the poster provides information about literature related to the poster topic, usually a selected listing of previously published articles that are important to your research, and a brief acknowledgement to those who helped you with the study.
Your poster, in whatever format it is presented at the conference, is effective if it can be scanned and comprehended at a high level in around five minutes. Usually you will be present with your poster to explain points and answer questions in an authentic conference experience.
Using the Poster Presentation Template attached to this assignment, create your assignment to meet the content and written communication expectations below
- Introduction (1 point): In 100-200 words, use this section to interest your audience in the issue or question of your study while using minimal background information and definitions.
- Materials and Methods (1 point): In 50-100 words, describe the procedure you used to collect data.
- Study Results (1 point): In 50-100 words, state your research questions, describe how they were supported by your research, and then include visuals (e.g., graphic/charts/diagrams) to illustrate the parts or results of your study.
- Conclusion (1 point): In no more than 200 words, provide the concluding remarks about your study while explaining your major result in such a way as to convince your audience why the outcome is interesting. Describe the relevance of your findings to the field of education and/or beyond, describe other directions this study could lead to, and summarize the changes you would make to the study in retrospect.
- Relevant Literature Cited (.5 points): Use full citations in APA for all primary works you consulted from the literature to inform and support the purpose of your study.
- Acknowledgement (.5 points): In 30-50 words, provide an acknowledgement to individuals or groups who supported or contributed to your study.
- Create – Curriculum Vitae (.5 points): In three to four pages your CV should include your name, an overview of your education, your academic and related employment (especially teaching, editorial, or administrative experience), your research projects and/or research interests (including conference papers and publications), and your departmental and community service.
- Create – Cover Letter (1.5 points): In no more than one page your cover letter should include; heading, introduction, argument and closing.
- 6 years ago
- NOT RATED
Using the attached assignment
Specifically, after reviewingthe attached file on Framework for 21st Century Learning, you will redesign or modify a prior assignment from one of your …6 years ago
- NOT RATED
Using the attached information, you will create a presentation using PowerPointto present your findings to your school at an after school staff meeting. Include speaker notes if using …6 years ago