Which of these passages contains a simile? Even on Sunday, when it veiled its more florid charms and lay comparatively empty...coutne4
Which of these passages contains a simile? Even on Sunday, when it veiled its more florid charms and lay comparatively empty of passage, the street shone out in contrast to its dingy neighbourhood, like a fire in a forest; and with its freshly painted shutters...instantly caught and pleased the eye of the passenger. At friendly meetings, and when the wine was to his taste, something eminently human beaconed from his eye; something indeed which never found its way into his talk, but which spoke not only in these silent symbols of the after-dinner face, but more often and loudly in the acts of his life. It was two storeys high; showed no window, nothing but a door on the lower storey and a blind forehead of discoloured wall on the upper; and bore in every feature, the marks of prolonged and sordid negligence. No doubt the feat was easy to Mr. Utterson; for he was undemonstrative at the best, and even his friendship seemed to be founded in a similar catholicity of good-nature.
- 8 years ago
- Discuss and explain the roles of CHEMTREC, CAMEO, the NRC and the HAZCOM Standard in a Hazardous Materials Incident? Why are these critically important to emergency responders?
- Cultural Competence and Sensitivity
- 4 pages paper
- effective hotel or restaurant promotion
- Accounting Quiz!
- List three main differences between rna and dna
- What is the adverbial prepositional phrase in, we are going to England
- In a research project intended to gather data on the effects of type of study method on examination performance, participants...
- Operation Management Principles:I need 700 detailed info added to the assignment I have
- supply chain