What is this?
Some researchers have claimed that genetics cause criminal behavior, and that there is likely a gene that can be linked to criminals. This scientific theory is one of a vast amount of criminological theories that try to explain criminal behavior, causes of crime, prevention of crime, and the source of criminal activity. With the advancements of technology and science as a tool to uncover criminal behavior and criminals, the idea of genes being a source of criminal behavior is not far-fetched.
Please address the following questions and requirements to write your 4–6-page paper. As you answer each question, you must provide support or evidence that will enhance and empirically prove your answers. Academic criminal justice articles or real-life criminal justice findings that are not found in journals or other academic sources must be used in supporting your answers. Please use APA format for all cited sources, including your reference page. The questions and requirements are as follows:
- Discuss the merits of the idea that genetics are a source for criminal behavior. Make sure to provide examples that can be found through research studies and have evidence linking genetics and crime, including twin studies, adoption studies, and testosterone studies.
- What are some of the strengths and weaknesses of the evidence surrounding genetics and crime? Do you feel that police departments should consider or dismiss such findings?
- In your opinion, what are some of the dangers of suggesting that there is a criminal gene? What would be the repercussions in the field of criminal justice if the existence of the criminal gene is proven to be true?
- what is the history of the american flag
- compare the functions of DNA and proteins in a cell
- 3. what were three consequences of william the conqueror's victory at hastings? 4. what legal practice dates back to henry ii? 5....
- How do I write an extended metaphor about America?
- why do people continue doing things that are bad for them, even when there is clear evidence that these activities...
- who invented the radio?
- the dominant political unit in the world today is the
- The poem 'The Arrival of the Bee Box' by Syliva Plath is full of rich imagery. Select an image that...
- Is the stress epidemic a human resource management or a workplace health and safety issue. 2475 words. Essay
- a student conducts a scientific investigation to study the affects of different types of light on plant growth.The results of...
100 % original 4-6 pages
Some researchers have claimed that genetics cause criminal behavior, and that there is likely a gene that can be linked to criminals. This scientific theory …