Week 5 Group Discussion Boardwanafa
This week we are looking at what Corey, Corey, and Corey (2014) described as the transition and working stages of a group. Tuckman (1965) and Tuckman and Jensen (1977) described a group’s stages of development as forming, storming, norming, performing, and adjourning. I mention these stages to say that “storming” often happens in a transition phase. Tuckman (1965) describes the storming stage as a time when members emotionally react to the leader, other members, or the task of the group. Those articles are attached below.
Corey et al. discussed various challenges a group leader might face in the transition stage of a group. They described one member saying to the leader, “I’m bored. . . I wish you'd do something to make this a better group” (p. 232, 9th ed.) If this happened to you, how would you feel? How would you respond? (Don’t repeat what is in the book.) Be creative!
Also, describe in your own words how you understand the difference between the transition and working stages of a group. As well, what differences did you notice in the "transition" and "working" videos we watched this week?
- 5 years ago
- Research Topic and References
- FOR A PLUS WRITER ONLY!!
- Global Business communication
- Other Addictive Behaviors
- Can you help write a paper for Special Populations course?
- Global Economic Crisis
- read two article and write two summaries one page each summary!
- P2P sites
- NRS-451V Week 3 Executive Summary (Benchmark Assessment)
- BUS 600 Week 6 DQ 2 ( Business Presentations ) - Tutorial Contains Two Answers For This Discussion - A Graded - Best Tutorial - Quality Work
- NOT RATED
This week we are looking at what Corey, Corey, and Corey (2014) described as the transition and working stages of a group. Tuckman (1965) and Tuckman and Jensen (1977) described a group’s …5 years ago