WEEK 5 - DISCUSSION 1bklyn2live
Prepare: Explore The Political Compass (http://www.politicalcompass.org/)website and take the quiz. Take the time to notice where your responses landed you on the Political Compass grid and where that point is in relation to world leaders. Then, read Chapters 13 and 14 in your textbook and the article, “The Rise of Conservatism Since World War II.”
Reflect: Consider the information on The Political Compass website. How well did the information on the website conform to your own views of what “liberal” and “conservative” mean? How well did the information conform to the media’s portrayals of “liberal” and “conservative”? Think about the information that you read in the textbook and “The rise of conservatism since World War II.” Reflect on the reasons that conservatism gained more popular support in the last part of the 20th century and what effect conservative policies have had on different groups.
Write: Based on your textbook and the required article, explain
- At least three reasons for the rise of conservatism in the last part of the 20th century.
- At least one way in which the rise of conservatism had been positive or negative for a specific group of Americans.
Your initial post should be at least 300 words in length. Provide specific examples to support your points. Your references and citations must be formatted according to APA style as outlined by the Ashford Writing Center.
Barnes, L. & Bowles, M. (2014). The American story: Perspectives and encounters from 1877. San Diego, CA: Bridgepoint Education, Inc.
- 6 years ago
- On pages 345-6 and 353 of Elementary and Intermediate Algebra, there are many factoring problems. You will find your assignment in the following table.
- unit 6 Journal
- for proteach
- Business Ethics - Only if you have the time to get it done
- Can you help me with this question with apa format and reference.
- MKT 571 Complete Course (All DQ'S,Assignments and Presentations) + Final EXAM !!
- NTC 362 Week 4
HIS 206 Week 5 Discussion 1 ( The Rise of Conservatism ) - A Graded - Best Tutorial - Quality Work - Latest SyllabusNOT RATED
The Rise of Conservatism
Prepare:ExploreThe Political Compasswebsite and take the quiz. Take the time to notice where your responses landed you on the Political Compass grid and …6 years ago
- NOT RATED
We anticipate that this assignment will take you 2 hours to complete (this may vary by student). This includes time for research, reading of outside materials, critical thinking, writing, revision of …5 years ago
- NOT RATED
Ashford 6: - Week 5 - Discussion 1
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will …4 years ago