Week 4 written assignment
Develop an Organization Chart in Microsoft Word and submit it to the Drop Box below. Your chart should fit on a single page. (See instructions below on steps to develop an Organization Chart in Word.)
- Study the following description of the HIM Department.
- Based on the description, construct an organization chart indicating the appropriate lines of authority and responsibility.
- Include employee name, credentials, and title if known.
- Indicate the number of employees reporting to each individual.
HIM Department Description
Peggy Carson, RHIT, is the Director of the HIM Department at General Hospital. The health care facility has over 500 inpatient beds, an active outpatient department, and 150 skilled nursing beds. She has hired four credentialed professionals to assist her in managing the department.
The transcription unit is busy and under the supervision of Sue Harstad, RHIT. Sue is responsible for three full-time and four part-time transcriptionists.
Records are assemble and analyzed by four employees who are supervised by Brooke Anderson, RHIT. These employees also perform retrospective clinical pertinence review. Brooke also supervises the two employees who oversee the physician’s incomplete area.
The Coding Section is comprised of six coding specialists who code all inpatient and outpatient records. Claire Herriot, CCS, supervises the coders.
The file Unit includes six employees who utilize a bar coding system for filing and retrieval. They are supervised by Mark Allen, RHIT. Mark also oversees the Release of Information Unit where two employees carefully screen and respond to request for health information.
How to Develop an Organization Chart in Microsoft Word 07
To access the organization chart function, open a new Word document.
Click on Insert on the menu bar. Click on SmartArt. Click on Hierarchy then choose the styles you would like to try. The first two styles might work the best and they are the most traditional for organization charts. Click on your style choice and then click OK. This will open a new chart for you to edit and fill in. Be sure to save it as you work.
To write text in a box, simply double click on the box. The font will adjust to fit the box as you type. To add boxes, click on the box nearest to the location where you want to add a new box. On the menu bar, click on Add Shape and choose the placement from the list of choices. The box will automatically be added. Continue until you have completed your chart. Don’t forget to save your work.
You may need to adjust your page layout and/or margins, to get your chart to fit on one page.
- Assignment 2: MS Project and Team Leadership Create a work breadown Structure in MS Project to revamp the compensation and benefits...
- This assignment involves you being a ‘mystery shopper’ at a store of your choice. The objective is to visit the store and evaluate the overall in-store marketing used by the retailer. You will appraise the store layout, design and visual merchandising te
- BUS 308 Week 4 Problem Set Week Four.xlsx
- dental doctor
- Week 2 - Assignment SOC 402
- Developing project Plan
- Help with Social Science Project Paper
- FIN370 Week 5 Individual Assignment Problem 3 Chapter 21
- While exploring the coasts of east Darwin (some made up name)
- PHYSICS ASSIGNMENT