Week 4 Discussion 1tumga92
Instructions: Please post a substantive discussion post of at least 200 words that analyzes the development and success of the Civil Rights Movement using the following questions as the basis of your analysis:
Your initial post should be at least 200 words in length. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and properly cite any references. When writing your response, draw from material in the following video:
- Beacham, T. Gilmartin, B., Grobman, S, Ling, C., & Rhee, V. (Producers), Libretto, J. (Director). (2004). Let freedom ring: Moments from the civil rights movement, 1954-1965 [News program]. New York, NY: NBC Universal. Retrieved from http://digital.films.com/OnDemandEmbed.aspx?Token=40565&aid=18596&Plt=FOD&loid=0&w=640&h=480&ref=
Also in your response, draw from at least TWO of the documents listed below:
- (1962). “The bottom of the economic totem pole”: African American women in the workplace. Retrieved from http://historymatters.gmu.edu/d/6472
- (1962). The Port Huron statement of the students for a democratic society. Retrieved from http://www.h-net.org/~hst306/documents/huron.html
- (1969). “The cycle of poverty”: Mexican-American migrant farmworkers testify before Congress. Retrieved from http://historymatters.gmu.edu/d/7024
- (1970). “We must destroy the capitalistic system which enslaves us”: Stokely Carmichael advocates black revolution. Retrieved from http://historymatters.gmu.edu/d/6461
- (1976). “Self determination of free peoples”: Founding documents of the American Indian Movement (AIM). Retrieved from http://historymatters.gmu.edu/d/6897
- Steinem, G. (1970). “All our problems stem from the same sex based myths”: Gloria Steinem delineates American gender myths during ERA hearings. Retrieved from http://historymatters.gmu.edu/d/7025
- Truscott, L. (1969, July 3). Gay power comes to Sheridan Square. The Village Voice. Retrieved from http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/primary-resources/stonewall-village-voice/
- 8 years ago
- Industrial Revolution Graphic Organizer
- what are some Physical health issues encountered in To Kill a Mockingbird?
- for accountsguru
- What college or trade school would you like to go to
- Essay Help
- ETH 125 WEEK 7 COPY OF SYLLABUS TO FOLLOW FOR THOSE TWO WORKSHEETS I SUBMITTED
- how would you characterize the amount of molecular traffic entering and leaving the nucleus?
- HIS 135 Week 9 Capstone CheckPoint End of the Cold War
- NEED HELP WITH ACCOUNTING MID-TERM!!! $50 DUE SATURDAY
- What are the main themes of 1984?