Week 3 - Discussion 2 - HR Dev & Changeldbechet
Week 3 Discussion 2 - HR Dev and Change
Discussion 2: Effective Training Delivery Methods
The objective of training is to impart a specialized skill or competency to the trainees. An effective training module addresses the training needs of the participants. To make a training module effective, it is important to first conduct a training needs analysis. As part of this Discussion, choose topics that focus on why and how effective training programs can be created.
Based on your reading for this week:
Select at least one topic from the assigned chapters that is of particular interest to you. Prepare a substantive response describing a real-world situation—either from your own experience or from an item in the news that addresses some of the primary concepts covered in that topic. For example: How does an organization focus on the transfer of knowledge from the facilitator to the trainee? How does an organization decide which training methods support desired outcomes? What are some strengths or limitations of electronic training?
Post by Day 3 a substantive response of approximately 200–250 words that is an explanation of your chosen real-world situation. Your explanation should include the following:
- Briefly describe the chosen training method topic, including identifying connections to the course text.
- Analyze the illustrative real-world situation, including background and relevant context to the chosen topic.
- Explain how the real-world situation clarifies or exemplifies the concepts in your selected topic, providing supportive examples and credible evidence as needed.
Use the Week 3 Discussion 2 Template (located in this week’s Learning Resources) to develop a draft of your response. Then, post your finalized statement to the Discussion Thread.
Read a selection of your colleagues' postings.
Respond by Day 5 with at least 75 words each to two or more of your colleagues' postings in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question.
- Share an insight from having read your colleague's posting.
- Offer and support an opinion.
- Make a suggestion.
- Expand on your colleague's posting.
Return to this Discussion in a few days to read the responses to your initial posting. Note what insights you gained as a result of the comments your colleagues made.
Be sure to support your work with specific citations from the Learning Resources and any additional sources.
- Blanchard, P. N., & Thacker, J. W. (2013). Effective training: Systems, strategies, and practices(5th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice-Hall.
- Chapter 5, “Training Design” (pp. 144–198)
Chapter 5 deals with designing effective training programs for a given audience profile. To create training modules, you need to overcome organizational constraints regarding cost, time, and trainee knowledge, skills, and attitudes (KSA). In this chapter, you will learn about the importance of learning objectives and how to develop learning objectives for a training program. You will also read about how to enhance the effectiveness of training programs.
Focus on the design theories presented in this chapter and the factors necessary to create learning objectives. This will help you create an effective training program for a predetermined set of learners identified during a training needs analysis (TNA).
- Chapter 6, “Traditional Training Methods” (pp. 199–250)
Chapter 6 focuses on the strengths and limitations of lectures and demonstrations that are traditionally used to train learners. You will explore how to integrate case studies, role plays, and media-based simulations in training modules. You will also read how to develop on-the-job training (OJT) and job instruction technique (JIT) training modules.
Focus on the strengths and limitations of the various traditional methods used for training. In addition, focus on the OJT and JIT form of training. This will help you decide the type of training method to use in order to derive the most effective outcome.
- Chapter 7, “Electronic Training Methods” (pp. 251–274)
Chapter 7 introduces the concept and benefits of e-learning. You will learn about various electronic training (ET) methods such as programmed instruction (PI), the intelligent tutoring system (ITS), interactive multimedia, and virtual reality.
Focus on how to use each of the training methods effectively. In addition, focus on the skills that each of these training methods achieves. This will help you decide for what type of audience such training methods are most effective, and when their use is appropriate.
- Chapter 5, “Training Design” (pp. 144–198)
- 5 years ago
- Physical Anthropology Help
- Comparison of Detailed Assessment of Post-traumatic Stress (DAPS)
- Quality Improvement Email
- For Stone Martin only
- Application Development using ASP.NET 4.0 in C# or VB
- FIN 571 Week 5 - Individual Assignment - WileyPlus Quiz
- (Essay ) Power of language
- Thank you
- Organization Behavior Homework (Article Summary)
- HCA 331 Week 1 Behavior Change Theories and Planning Models