Week 2 DQ SparkKeshawn-Bubba
First DQ DUE Tomorrow!!!
Week 2 Discussion Spark : Daily Social Responsibility in Action
Social responsibility has become an important part of many organizations. Aside from creating good publicity, what other reasons would companies and corporations have for becoming involved in socially responsible causes? What benefits would involvement with a socially responsible cause offer the company and the employees? If you have had personal experience with companies involved with socially responsible causes, (i.e. you worked for the company or had interactions with the company), please include a description in your post. Support your assertions by making at least two references.
SECOND DQ DUE thursday!!!
Learning Lessons from the History of Social Change
History provides a blueprint to which you can refer as you design approaches to improve the future. Architects understand the importance of a blueprint to realizing a future vision. A blueprint, or plan, that is informed by both the successes and failures of the past strengthens your vision for social change. What mistakes can you learn from and avoid as it relates to past social change movements? It is important to identify the factors that have made other movements successful in order to organize your own social change efforts. To that end, in this discussion you identify and provide a rationale for the factors you feel contribute to the success of social change movements.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review the Goldberg, Ling, and Gladwell articles for insight into lessons learned in social movements of the past.
- Think about historical social movements that have had a direct impact on your life. Reflect on what laws or social norms have been challenged, upheld, or changed, allowing for an improved quality of life for you.
- Consider your perspective on the elements of historical social movements that have particular relevance today.
- Bear in mind the strategies used by historical social movements and how they have built momentum to today’s movements.
- Read the Discussion Spark topic, question or comment posted by your Instructor in the Discussion thread on Day 1.
Post by Day 4 an explanation of the factors that contribute to the success of social movements. In what ways can you pattern socially responsible action today after successful movements of the past? What factors have changed over time and thus necessitate some differences in approach? Support your assertions by making at least two references, in properAPA format, to your course readings.
Read a selection of your colleagues' postings.
Respond by Day7 to at least two of your colleagues' postings in one or more of the following ways:
- Suggest an additional factor that can contribute to the success of social movements and provide a rationale.
- Suggest an additional way that socially responsible actions today can be patterned after successful movements of the past.
Click on the Reply button below to reveal the textbox for entering your message. Then click on the Submit button to post your message.
- 8 years ago
- Three pages
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
- 4 essay Q.
- FOR IKON WRITER ONLY
- Brand Extension Assignment: Choose a product write a 3 page paper discussing how you would create a brand extension of that product. Include your rationale for the brand extension.
- Write a haiku about school
- Business Ethics assignment BUSN623. 5 Essay Questions (References in APA)
- MKT 230 WK 9 Final, MARKETING PLAN
- You have been requested to provide preliminary information on the data requirements for a GIS that is to be used...
- Human Resources Management (HRM) assignment is to watch a webinar on HR.com on Designing Pay Structures. You need to join HR.com (free) to access the webinar. Once you join you can search to find it. Under search -- deselect everything except "webcasts."
- NOT RATED
History provides a blueprint to which you can refer as you design approaches to improve the future. Architects understand the importance of a blueprint to realizing a future vision. A blueprint, or …6 years ago