WEEK 2 - DISCUSSION 1bklyn2live
Reflect: As you learn about the Progressive Era, consider the areas of American society and economy in need of reform during the first two decades of the 20th century. Think about the issues on which the Progressive Movement focused, and consider where Progressives were able to make reforms and where they were not.
Write: After reading Chapter Nine of The Jungle and watching The Progressive Era, use these sources and the textbook to address the following questions: https://secure.films.com/OnDemandEmbed.aspx?Token=36215&aid=18596&Plt=FOD&loid=0&w=640&h=480&ref=
- What do you see as the most serious problem of the first decade of the 1900s?
- Why was this problem more serious than the other problems?
- How did Americans attempt to solve the problem?
- In what ways were they effective?
- In what ways did aspects of the problem still remain?
Your initial post should be at least 300 words in length. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and properly cite any references. You may use additional scholarly sources to support your points if you choose. Your references and citations must be formatted according to APA style as outlined by the Ashford Writing Center.
- Sinclair, U. (1906). Chapter Nine. In The Jungle. Retrieved from http://historymatters.gmu.edu/d/5727/
- Barnes, L. & Bowles, M. (2014). The American story: Perspectives and encounters from 1877. San Diego, CA: Bridgepoint Education, Inc.
- 6 years ago
- LASA # 2: PowerPoint Presentation
- I need help to solve all of this questions.
- employee empowerment
- Data for External Organizations
- In humans tounge rolling is dominant to the inability to tounge roll. If a heterozygous tounge roller and a non-tounge...
- Module 8: AC amplifiers based on JFETs (MULTISIM)
- Assignment 2: Political Parties and the Electoral Process Due Week 10 and worth 225 points Write a three to four (3-4) page...
- English help needed asap