Voting and Elections
Few districts are party-competitive - meaning there are only a few districts that can be realistically won by either a Republican or a Democrat. One solidly-Democratic district in the Houston area is District 139, long represented by Sylvester Turner before he was elected Mayor of Houston last December.
Your assignment: You're going to become a phantom campaign manager. Choose one of these four candidates and design a campaign to win the election. Write this assignment as a 2 page memorandum (but with cited sources) from you, the campaign manager, to your candidate. Outline the race for them, how much money you think they need to raise, how you will raise it for them, what you propose to spend it on, what issues they should talk about, how you want to deliver their message, etc.
Some things to keep in mind:
- This is an open seat, with no incumbent seeking reelection.
- The district's voters are overwhelmingly Democratic and African-American.
- Many voters in the March 1 Republican Primary will be going there because they have strong feelings about Hillary Clinton or some other Presidential candidate. They won't be thinking about a race for state representative. How will you get their attention?
- Your candidate is running in a specific district (District 139). Any money you spend delivering your message to people who don't live inside the orange line is wasted money. How do you target the right voters?
- Some people who live in the district can't vote because they're under 18 years old, or they're not U.S. citizens.
- Not all voters are Democrats, and even those who consider themselves Democrats don't always vote in primary elections. How do you identify your likely voters?
- What sort of people live in your candidate's district. What motivates them?
- What is your candidate's background and experience? What will be his or her key issues?
- How much money will you need? How will you raise it? How will you spend it?
Submit in Word. Cite your sources.
- College Algebra 6ET Answer 13 Question
- Accounting 101
- Choose one hazard reduction strategy from page 144 of the textbook, and give an example of a correction action surrounding it. (Strategy from pg 144, Modify basic relevant qualities of the hazard) (Accident Investigation)
- Can someone answer questions?
- BCOM/275 Week 4: Weekly Reflection
- QNT/351 Week 5 Analyzing and Interpreting Data
- Run a correlation analysis in SPSS on current weight and experience anxiety from data set. Discuss your results.
- The purpose of this assignment is help you assess your leadership style through a combination of self reporting instruments and feedback from others.
- Meteorology homework
- Past Due Assignment