Stellar Packaging Products uses absorption costing to compute additional compensation eligibility for managers. In December, Stellar Packaging Products’ controller, Robin Simmons, noted that a considerable production overrun was experienced, resulting in increased ending inventories for its major customer, Estrella Coffee Company. Simmons approached Frank Moses, the production manager, regarding these facts. Moses indicated that indeed, the production overrun was deliberate and completed in order that more overhead application would occur in December, and “everyone would make their year-end bonus.”
Would the situation have changed if the company used variable costing as a basis of additional compensation? Why or why not?
This is a Discussion Post short answer single reference source
- 6 years ago
- Time cards are being entered into the accounting system for four employees. The cost for employee 1 are to...
- RES 341 Weeks 1 - 5 (Wages) - DQs , E-Texts, Papers etc.
- Assignment 1: Persuasive Research Paper—Final Version
- Intro to Algorithms
- 3. Ace received the following types of candy in a treat bag from a ...
- Foundations of Accounting I Accounting Project Written by: Karen Pitsch Special thanks to Donna Larner Randiddle Co. is a merchandising business. ...
- BIOLOGY REPORT. PLEASE ONLY BIOLOGY TEACHERS. I NEED AN A+
- Cranberry has three apples. Joanne has sixteen. If they add them together, what color is Joanne's hat?
- How does elevation of the land affect water drainage
- 2-3 paragraphs.
due in 2.5 hours.6 years ago
ASSIGNMENT IS DUE TOMORRW THURSDAY AT 12PM EASTERN TIME
FOR TOM MUTUNGA ONLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
2) Evaluate and discuss the ways an organization’s culture could affect, positively or …5 years ago
- NOT RATED
Stellar Packaging Products uses absorption costing to compute additional compensation eligibility for managers. In December, Stellar Packaging Products' controller, Robin Simmons, noted that a …6 years ago