Please answer the following identifiers in 2-3 sentences. Be sure to answer why the terms are
important and how they fit into America's history. Please be as specific as possible.
1. Columbian Exchange
2. Black Legend
3. Indentured servant
5. Headright system
6. Navigation Acts
7. Bacon's Rebellion
8. Society of Friends
10. public sphere
12. Great Awakening
13. “virtual representation”
14. Tea Act
15. Sons of Liberty
16. Boston Massacre
17. Thomas Paine
18. republican motherhood
21. Shay's Rebellion
22. electoral college
23. Articles of Confederation
24. Bill of Rights
25. Federalist papers
Please answer these questions in 3-4 complete sentences. Please be as specific as possible,
focusing on historical significance.
1. What were the main factors fueling European expansion?
2. What were two reasons why the English migrated to the New World?
3. What is the idea behind the term “a city set upon a hill?”
4. Why was the English Civil War important to the colonies?
5. According to Foner and the video, “A City Upon a Hill,” what position or role were women
like Anne Hutchinson allowed to have in religious affairs?
6. Why did the English colonies in the late 1600s adopt slavery as a source of labor? What
events precipitated this decision?
7. How were the Salem witch trials representative of the treatment of those who did not fit into
predetermined societal norms? Were any groups specifically targeted?
8. How did England's adoption of the mercantilist system affect colonies in America?
9. Were women's roles positively or negatively affected by class stratification and the
increasing stabilization of colonial life in the early 1700s?
10. How did slavery develop differently in the various regions of British North America?
11. What is republicanism and liberalism and why were they important to the development of
12. How did the decline in religion and the rise in Enlightenment thinking affect the colonies?
13. What societal fears helped encourage the spread of the Great Awakening?
14. Why was the Proclamation of 1763 considered an unpopular decision by American
15. What were two specific causes of the American Revolution?
16. Why were the British justified in taxing the American colonies?
17. Why was Common Sense so important to the American Revolution?
18. Why did some colonists not want to be independence?
19. How did the idea of natural rights affect the Declaration of Independence?
20. What factors led to the colonists' victory?
21. How does the definition of freedom change after the Revolution?
22. Is there an expansion of freedom after the Revolutionary War? If so, how does the idea of
23. Were there any groups in the colonies that did not benefit from the American Revolution?
24. What role did the founders foresee for religion in American government and society?
25. According to the documentary, “God in America,” why were Baptists targeted for
persecution in Virginia? How did this persecution affect religious toleration in Virginia?
26. What were some limitation of the Articles of Confederation?
27. How did the Constitution protect slavery?
28. How does the electoral college work?
29. Why did James Madison consider the Bill of Rights “parchment barriers?”
- 6 years ago
- BSBMKG603B ..MANAGE THE MARKETING PROCESS
- do my reading home work
- http://www.homeworkmarket.com/sites/default/files/q1/09/11/question_2_nick_papppas.pdf question 2 part (D)
- ACC 346
- HCA Week 9 Capstone
- BUS 475 Strategic Plan, Part II SWOTT Analysis
- question 2
- Managerial Accounting
- 1) Rowe Pottery designs and makes specialized gift quality pottery.
- work solutions