U.S GOVERNMENT HONORS FINAL EXAMDoShka_963
Question 1 (Multiple Choice Worth 3 points)
(Citizenship 02.03 MC) <object:standard:ss.912.c.1.3>
"In republican government, the legislative authority necessarily predominates. The remedy for this inconveniency is to divide the legislature into different branches; and to render them, by different modes of election and different principles of action, as little connected with each other as the nature of their common functions and their common dependence on the society will admit."–Federalist No. 51
Which of the following elements of the Constitution is the author defending in this quote?
Question 48 (Essay Worth 10 points)
(Citizenship 01.03 HC) <object:standard:ss.912.c.2.2, ss.912.c.2.8="">
In 2012, a filmmaker posted a video online about the plight of child soldiers in Africa. It became a "viral video," attracting thousands of watchers around the world. Is this type of activity important in U.S. political and civic life? Explain your response and give at least two additional examples of how a person can participate in a democratic society.
Question 49 (Essay Worth 10 points)
(Citizenship 02.03 HC) <object:standard:ss.912.c.1.1>
"What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? If men were angels, no government would be necessary."—James Madison
In at least two paragraphs, discuss the meaning of this quote in relation to one of the following principles—limited government, natural rights, separation of powers, or rule of law.
Question 50 (Essay Worth 10 points)
(Courts and Civil Liberties 04.04 HC) <object:standard:ss.912.c.3.10>
In a well-written paragraph, describe how a landmark Supreme Court case extended civil liberties. Choose one of the following cases: Gideon v. Wainwright, Texas v. Johnson, or Mapp v. Ohio.
- 6 years ago
- Is Self Study better than Group Work? Advantages and Disadvantages of Team Work Experience in Pre-sessional English Course
- LFC - BUSM MODULE
- If the floating-point number representation on a certain system has a sign bit, a 3-bit exponent, and a 4-bit significand: a)...
- HUMN250-1303B-04 World Values and Cultures
- BUS 475 Integrated Business Topics Strategic Plan, Part II SWOTT Analysis
- acc 291 Week 5 - Individual WileyPLUS Assignment Week Five - Exercise E13-1, E13-8 , E14-1 Problem P13-9A , P13-10A And P14-2.doc
- read the 16 pages and answer the 2 questions thoroughly. MKT 200
- criminal analysis and mapping
- Adolescent Psychology
- FOR Robert Bavro
Question 1 (Multiple Choice Worth 3 points) (Policy and Elections 03.02 MC) <object:standard:ss.912.c.2.11> Public policy is a set of laws that citizens directly vote on...NOT RATED
Question 1(Multiple Choice Worth 3 points)
(Policy and Elections 03.02 MC)<object:standard:ss.912.c.2.11>
Public policy is a
Question 48(Essay Worth 10 …6 years ago