Unit 8: General Questions and Final Week Discussions
Please choose one of the following questions to answer for this unit
Before answering this unit's questions, you should read “Serial Killing in America After 9/11,” p. 244 in Natural Born Celebrities.
Keep in mind, as you view the film, a few of the questions posted below.
|Discussion posts are essentially complete and incorporate, when appropriate, excerpts from the course readings. Initial post is made by due date, and follow-up posts/peer responses engage others in continued discussion.|
|Discussion posts are incomplete, inaccurate, and/or late. Peer response is present but perfunctory, offering little “back” to enhance peers’ understanding.|
|Posts and peer responses are not made to all topic threads.|
|No posts are made, or posts are entered after the unit’s discussion has ended.|
Questions (Reading and General Questions)
Choose one questions to answer:
- In the final chapter from Natural Born Celebrities, Schmid argues that the serial killer genre and the terrorist genre of films coincided after 9/11. The co-mingling of the genres offered an opportunity for us to associate serial killers as a foreign threat to our nation. What ties do you see between this idea and the zombie trend in popular culture right now?
- Overall, what concepts about violence in the media have you gained during the time in this course? What ideas will resonate with you after the course ends? While most people simply consume these films and TV series as mindless entertainment, what do you now think they are actually watching and internalizing, if anything?
- If you were teaching this course, what media would you have included in the syllabus? (Remember, the idea: How are we valorizing the serial killer or reversing the positions of killers within pop culture.) Thoughts?
- BSHS 352 Week 5 Online Therapy Paper
- Write a research paper
- earch for Effects of using computers for learning English Language
- CJA 344 Week 4 Individual Assignment Cultural Diversity in Criminal Justice Paper
- CJA 314 Week 3 Individual Assignment Examining Theory Paper
- C programming
- Individual Research paper
- Managing Labor & Management Relations 4
- 4 questions