Unit 4 Assignment: Assignment Title: Sweet drinks or Marijuana?CherylR
Unit 4 Assignment: Assignment Title: Sweet drinks or Marijuana?
Unit outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
Apply epidemiological perspective to an issue in regards to political implications and
overall health impact.
Course outcome assessed/addressed in this Assignment:
Explain the importance of epidemiology for informing scientific, ethical, economic, and
political discussion of health issues.
In this scenario you have been hired by the President of the United States of America to provide health policy recommendations. Currently there is a great debate about if we should outlaw super-sized soft drinks or legalize marijuana. You need to research bothoptions, decide which one you recommend and create a PowerPoint presentation
presenting and justifying your recommendation.
The presentation should be visually appealing,
geared toward a non-health professional
audience and should include the following sections:
A cover slide with your name and presentation title (1 slide)
An overview of both issues from a health
perspective including scientifically proven
health pros and cons (3–6 slides)
Specific health information for each issue as it relates to obesity rates (2 slides, one for
An overview of both issues from an economic perspective (4–6 slides)
An overview of both issues from an ethical perspective (4–6 slides)
An overview of both issues from a political perspective (4–6 slides)
Your recommendation regarding which one to pursue for policy implementation and an
explanation why (2–4 slides)
Each slide should have a clear title indicating the focus of the slide.
Include speaker notes as needed on each slide
- 6 years ago
- For fortified
- BSOP 434 Week 7 Discussions.............(BSOP 434 Logistics with Lab - DeVry)
- Business and Policy Development
- HRM 500 Assignment 4: Recognizing Employee Contributions- Plagerism FREE ALL Points MUST be covered
- A+ Answers of the following Questions
- OMM 614 Week 2 DQ 1 ( Innovative Challenges ) ~ 2 Different Answers ~ A + Work With References
- Ashford BUS 630, Managerial Accounting
- STAT HW HELP
- NOT RATED
3 years ago
- In this scenario you have been hired by the President of the United States of America to provide health policy recommendations. Currently there is a great debate about if we should …