THE TEMPEST - VIEWING AND REFLECTIONAgnessalidvl
Plays are meant to be performed, rather than read. The purpose of dramatic arts often extends far beyond the words written on a page; staging, lighting, costumes intonation, expression, and audience experience are all part of the experience of a theatrical production. To help develop your understanding of The Tempest and the cultural role of the dramatic arts, you will view a production of the play this week and write a two-page reflection to explain your viewing experience.
Below, please find several classic interpretations and modern adaptations of The Tempest:
- The Tempest: St. Louis Shakespeare Festival (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- The Tempest: Savage Rose Theater Company (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- The Tempest: Central Washington Production (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- The Tempest: A Rock and Roll Space Odyssey (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
For this assignment, you will view one of the above and complete a reflection that addresses the following:
- Identify the performance that you have selected.
- Describe the staging, lighting, costumes, and characters of the performance. How do these match or revise the written version of the play?
- What type of mood and tone does the performance create? How?
- What parts of the play are easier to understand through performance? What are some details that stood out through performance?
- What does the performance suggest about the role of theater in contemporary culture?
- 4 years ago
- Reading Assignment
- Psychology Homework assignment (Read and write summary)
- D.Q....only correct needed and no plagiarism pls
- Assignment 6: Final Essay
- Analyze Case Study III-5: “NIBCO’s ‘Big Bang’: An SAP Implementation” (on pp. 468-483 in the textbook). Discuss reasons behind NIBCO’s decision to implement an ERP system. Describe the pros and cons of the approach to implementation...
- how globalization has improved since the information age boom and the drawbacks associated with it ?
- super easy paragraph
- The Future of Digital Crimes and Digital Terrorism In the United States, a number of law enforcement agencies, including the Secret Service, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and the Department of Homeland Security among others have taken on role
- psych610_r1_qualitative_vs_quantitative_week3 TEAM
Plays are meant to be performed, rather than read. The purpose of dramatic arts often extends far beyond the words written on a page; staging, lighting, costumes intonation, …2 years ago