echnological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK)
Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK): This framework demonstrates the combination of content expertise, information delivery expertise (pedagogy), and instructional technology implementation all used to enhance learning.
As your textbook and webpages point out, TPACK combines pedagogical knowledge, content knowledge, and technological knowledge to transform learning opportunities into student-centered opportunities for lesson engagement, global connections, and web interfacing through 21st century technology advancements. The TPACK framework demonstrates the interplay of three knowledge bases:
- Pedagogical Content Knowledge: This area is where most teachers have their foundation- as a content expert who delivers knowledge using the foundations of pedagogy.
- Technological Content Knowledge: This area includes making content more accessible and differentiated through technology including graphing calculators, online language translators, and virtual world tours.
- Technological Pedagogy Knowledge: This area involves advanced learning processes through the use of technology that contribute to a wider variety of differentiated instructional opportunities including iPads that have text to speech programs, SMARTboard with text magnification, and online educational games that provide immediate feedback.
Using the classroom environment and the demographics created in Week Two, the instructional strategies that align with the CCSS in the blog created in Week Three, the unit plan created in Week Four, and the summative assessment created in Week Five, you will create the framework for a TPACK lesson plan.
Include the following in your lesson plan:
- Title: The title of your lesson.
- Grade level and basic class demographics.
- Anticipated Outcome (Lesson Objective): This must be measurable and written to align with the CCSS.
- Common Core State Standard: This can be from your Unit Plan.
- NETS-T standard being met.
- Content Summary: A brief description of what you will teach for this lesson and why.
- Materials: Provide a list of materials needed for the lesson to include hyperlinks to any internet sites or books citations.
- Summative Assessment: This should be a two to three sentence summary of how you will assess the lesson.
Your lesson plan must address each section of the TPACK using the provided lesson plan template:
- Pedagogical Content Knowledge: This section will explain what teaching strategies best address the lesson’s content and concept. It includes teaching using multiple intelligences to promote critical thinking and problem solving in an engaging learning environment. You must also clearly explain how the Common Core State Standard (CCSS) aligns with this section.
- Technological Pedagogical Knowledge: This section explains how the instructional technology device(s) included in your lesson enhance student learning and classroom organization (such as online attendance and grading). You must also clearly explain how the NETS standard(s) aligns with this section.
- Technological Content Knowledge: This section explains how instructional technology will be used to compliment the lesson’s content. For example- a graphing calculator is used to check student’s algebra work or using spell check in a word document. You must also clearly explain how the CCSS and NETS standard(s) aligns with this section.
The following is an example information to be included in this lesson plan framework.
Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK): This final section is a two-page reflection of how your lesson integrates Pedagogical Content Knowledge (PCK) , Technological Pedagogical Knowledge (TPK), and Technological Content Knowledge (TCK) to fully address TPACK in the creation of an engaging lesson that differentiates instruction, makes global connections through 21st century technological advancements, encourages critical thinking and demonstrates content area expertise.
In addition, you must include how you will integrate the respect for copyright, intellectual property and the appropriate documentation of sources in your classroom instruction.
- 7 years ago
- PSY 355 Week 3 Motivaton and the Brain Paper
- Psychology worksheet
- ECO 561 Week 2 DQs
- BUS 415 Week 1 Individual Assignment Business Ethics Case
- BSA 375 Week 5 Team Assignment Kuddler Frequent Shoppers Program Measures for Success
- BIO 100 appendix o
- BIO 100 appendix l
- ACC 561 Week 4 Team Assignment Guillermo Furniture Store Analysis 3
- ACC 400 Week 2 Summary
- Based on research, summarize the economic booms that India and China enjoyed within the past few decades. What economic policies do they have in common?
- NOT RATED
Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK)7 years ago
- NOT RATED
Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK): This framework demonstrates the combination of content expertise, information delivery expertise (pedagogy), and instructional technology …7 years ago