SWOTT integrated businessSmart Study
1. What is a SWOTT analysis? What is its purpose in strategic planning? Do you have to conduct a SWOTT Analysis to have an effective strategic plan? Why or why not?
2. What are the primary internal organization considerations for the development of a strategic plan? Which consideration is the most important? Why?
3. What are the primary external organization considerations for the development of a strategic plan? Which consideration is the most important? Why?
4. What are the key planning factors for competitive success? Provide an example of an organization that has achieved competitive success through planning. Provide an example of an organization that has failed to achieve competitive success as the result of failed planning.
5. What are the different types of strategies? What are the differences among these strategies? How do you determine which type of strategy is most appropriate for your organization?
6. What are strategic objectives? What is the purpose of strategic objectives? What makes an effective strategic objective? What are some examples of strategic objectives for you organization or one with which you are familiar?
7. What is the difference among strategic, long-term, and short-term objectives? What is the relationship between objectives and goals? What are some examples of this relationship?
8. What is corporate governance? What role does corporate governance play in strategic planning? Why is it important? Explain your answer and give an example. Solution: 8
9. Why is it important to continuously update the implementation and communication of a strategic plan? Who should be responsible for updating and communicating a strategic plan? Why?
10. Has your organization's strategic plan been communicated to you? If so, how and by whom? If not, how would such communication improve your organizational effectiveness? Is it important for employees to know the strategic plan of a company? Why or why not?
11. What things should be taken into consideration in the creation of a roadmap for a strategic plan? What are some examples of external and internal change agents? What role do change agents play in the execution of a road map for a strategic plan? Solution
12. Why is it necessary to monitor and control strategic plans? Who should be responsible for monitoring and controlling strategic plans? Why? What are the pitfalls of failing to monitor and control strategic plans?
13. As an employee of an organization, what role do you play in the strategic planning process? What role do you play in the implementation process? What role do you play in the monitoring and controlling process?
14. What are some examples of regulatory issues that affect the controlling aspect of a strategic plan? What are some examples of organizations that have failed to comply with regulatory requirements in controlling their strategic plans? What were some of the repercussions that these organizations have faced?
- 8 years ago
Purchase the answer to view it