Statistics paper (for Psychology course)-revisedog14
Assignment is due Sunday July 26, 2015 at 8pm EST. Assigment must be completed in SPSS (my school uses version 21). Add the outputs (such as graphs in the paper). Paper must be in APA format. Please read general requirements and directions.
To carry out a validation study, an I/O psychologist is developing a regression equation from data collected from those hired two years ago. Specifically, the I/O psychologist is examining the relationship between extraversion, cognitive skills, and communication ability on sales performance (the dependent measure). The data are given in the resource document "PSY 838 Quantitative Measures Data."
Currently, the same I/O psychologist must make a decision about which two applicants to hire for newly-created sales positions. There are 10 applicants for the two positions, who completed quantitative measures on the same predictors above.
In this assignment, you will perform the multiple regression analysis on the data from those hired two years ago. You will then use that information to make decisions regarding which of the current candidates should be hired.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
-- SPSS (my school uses Version 21)
• Learners need to download the resource document "PSY 838 Quantitative Measures Data."
• Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
• Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
• This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
Access the resource document "PSY 838 Quantitative Measures Data" and perform multiple regression on these data.
1. Enter variables using the stepwise procedure.
2. Interpret the results and write the regression equation using the following format:
Y = (b1 x X1) + (b2 x X2) + (b3 x X3) + a, where a is the intercept, and the bs are regression coefficients.
In a statement of 200-250 words, describe what the data indicate about employee performance and coaching needs. Include the following in the statement:
1. A discussion of which of these employees may need coaching and which are performing at acceptable levels.
2. An explanation of which principles of consulting and coaching would most effectively be applied to improve organizational performance based on this data. (4.3) Apply principles of interpersonal and group consulting and coaching to improve organizational performance.
State the regression equation you wrote above, and use the equation computed and the data obtained from those hired two years ago to make a decision about which two individuals should be offered the current positions. Justify your decision in a statement of 150-200 words.
- 6 years ago
- NOT RATED
To carry out a validation study, an I/O psychologist is developing a regression equation from data collected from those hired two years ago. Specifically, the I/O psychologist is examining the …6 years ago