- Assume that women's heights are normally distributed with a mean given by μ=63.8 in,
- If 15 women are randomly selected, find the probability that they have a mean height between
The probability is approximately_______
- A safety light is designed so that the times between flashes are normally distributed with a mean of3.00 s and a standard deviation of 0.70 s.a. Find the probability that an individual time is greater than 4.00 s.b. Find the probability that the mean for 60 randomly selected times is greater than 4.00 s.c. Given that the light is intended to help people see an obstruction, which result is more relevant for assessing the safety of the light?3. A statistics professor plans classes so carefully that the lengths of her classes are uniformly distributed between46.0 and 56.0 minutes. Find the probability that a given class period runs less than 50.5 minutes.-Find the probability of selecting a class that run less than 50.5 minutes.4.A statistics professor plans classes so carefully that the lengths of her classes are uniformly distributed between50.0and 60.0 minutes. Find the probability that a given class period runs between50.75 and 51.0 minutes.
--z=0.62 (the area shaded is to the left of 0.62)
5. Find the area of the shaded region. The graph depicts the standard normal distribution with mean 0 and standard deviation 1.
- 6. Assume the readings on thermometers are normally distributed with a mean of 0degrees°C
and a standard deviation of 1.00degrees°C. Find the probability P(z<−0.52 or z>0.52), where z is the reading in degrees.
P(z<−0.52 or z>0.52)equals=__________
7.Assume that adults have IQ scores that are normally distributed with a mean of
- Assume that adults have IQ scores that are normally distributed with a mean of100 and a standard deviation of 15. Find the third quartile Q3, which is the IQ score separating the top25% from the others.---The third quartile,Q3, is_______.9. A survey found that women's heights are normally distributed with mean63.5 in and standard deviation 2.5 in. A branch of the military requires women's heights to be between 58 in and 80 in.a. Find the percentage of women meeting the height requirement. Are many women being denied the opportunity to join this branch of the military because they are too short or too tall?b. If this branch of the military changes the height requirements so that all women are eligible except the shortest 1% and the tallest 2%, what are the new height requirements?10. Birth weights are normally distributed with a mean of3418 g and a standard deviation of 496 g. If a hospital plans to set up special observation conditions for the lightest 22% of babies, what weight is used for the cut-off separating the lightest22% from the others?
- The lengths of pregnancies are normally distributed with a mean of 267 days and a standard deviation of 15
days. a. Find the probability of a pregnancy lasting 308 days or longer. b. If the length of pregnancy is in the lowest 33%,
then the baby is premature. Find the length that separates premature babies from those who are not premature.
THIS IS DUE AT 3 AM (pacific time) SO IN ABOUT 3 HOURS FROM NOW!
- 5 years ago
- describe how matter is classified into mixtures, pure substances, elements, and compouns
- ECO 365 Principles of Microeconomics Complete Course UOP
- Legacy to Cloud Computing Migration Project
- Need a help
- I am asking to choose a business category to put together my marketing plan. I have $700,000 to do the...
- Convert 133 lb/s to tons per hour (t/hr). Round the answer to the nearest teenth, if nessessery.
- law 531 wk 4 team hw
- leadership vs managment