Statistical Analysis IImikpau
1) __________ is involved with collecting information that might be used by a variety of managers.
________a. Applied research
________b. Pure research
________c. Systematic research.
________d. Scientific research.
2) Two accounting professors decided to compare the variation of their grading procedures. To accomplish this they each graded the same 10 exams with the following results: Professor 1: Mean Grade = 79.3; Standard deviation = 22.4; Professor 2: Mean Grade = 82.1; standard deviation = 12. At the 1% level of significance, what is the decision?
_________ a. Reject the null hypothesis and conclude the variance is different.
_________ b. Fail to reject the null hypothesis and conclude the variance is different.
_________ c. Reject the null hypothesis and conclude the variance is the same.
_________ d. Fail to reject the null hypothesis and conclude the variance is the same.
3. The best example of a null hypothesis for a global test of a multiple regression model is:
________ a. HO: ß1= ß2= ß3= ß4.
________ b. HO: µ1= µ2= µ3= µ4.
________ c. HO: ß1=0
________ d. if F is greater than 20.00 then reject.
4) What is our decision regarding the differences between the observed and expected frequencies if the critical value of chi-square is 9.488 and thye compared value is 6.079?
_______ a. Due to chance; do not reject the null hypothesis
_______ b. Not due to chance; reject the null hypothesis.
_______ c. Not due to chance; do not reject the alternate hypothesis
_______ d. Too close; reserve judgment
5) This nonparametric test requires at least ordinal level data. Its purpose is to find out if there is any difference between two sets of related observations and it is used if the assumptions required for the paired t test cannot be met. Which test is it?
________ a. ANOVA
________ b. Rank correlation
________ c. Kruskal –Wallis
________ d. None of the above.
6) Cappelli Inc., designs and manufactures women’s apparel using material from various mills. Their acceptance sampling plan states that 20 two inch squares of the incoming material must be fully checked. If 3 or less squares reveal imperfections, the lot is accepted. What is the probability that an incoming lot from Blufton Mills that contain 40 percent imperfect cloth will be accepted?
_________ a. 0
_________ b. 0.239
_________ c. 0.015
_________ d. 0.0024
7) The wholesale price of a straight back desk chair in 1998 was $20.00; in 1999, $23.00; and in 2000; $18.00. What were the indexes for 1999 and 2000 using 1998 = 100?
________ a. 115.0 and 90.0
________ b. 1.15 and 0.9
________ c. 1150.0 and 900.0
________ d. 87.0 and 111.1
8.) Economic periods of prosperity followed by recession are described as:
________ a. secular trends.
________ b. seasonal variations.
________ c. cyclical variations.
________ d. erratic variations.
9) For an annual time series extending from 1993 through 2001, how many years would be lost in a three year moving average?
________ a. 2 at the start and 1 at the end.
________ b. 1 at the start and 1 at the end.
________ c. 2 at the start and 0 at the end.
________ d. 0 at the start and 2 at the end.
10) Product sales were 266 in 1993; 264 in 1994; 145 in 1995; 205 in 1996; 139 in 1997; 98 in 1998; 94 in 1999; 94 in 2000; and 128 in 2001. The least squares trend equation using the coded method is given as Y’ = 265.12 – 21.18t, where t is set equal to one for 1993. What are the predicted sales for 2003?
_________ a. 32.14
_________ b. 95.68
_________ c. 21.18
_________ d. 225
- 9 years ago
- Express the scientific notation as a number: 43
- Managerial Accounting Homework. In need of someone to log in in order to complete it.
- Frederick Herzberg
- what are the basic characteristics of the major classical era empires(Rome,Greece,Maurya and Gupta India,and Qin and Han china) be sure...
- Inverted sentence
- 2 2/3+2 5/7
- Letter of Grevience- see below for instructions
- 2-4 page paper on globalization
- When Thomas Paine writes about reconciliation, he is referring to