STATESMANSHIP AND REFORM ANALYSIS PAPERlvapil
Statesmanship and Reform Analysis Paper
Discuss the key statesmanship principles needed to reform a nation. It consists of 3 parts (below). These sections must be discussed in the order presented above and with appropriate headings
· Part 1: a) An introduction including a thesis statesman. b) A summarization of biblical principles of government, leadership, and statesmanship relevant to reforming a nation and fighting injustice (1–1.5 pages);
· Part 2: An application of those principles to the decisions and actions of William Wilberforce, Frederick Douglass, Susan B. Anthony, and Martin Luther King, Jr. (1-1.5 pages) and
· Part 3: Application of the statesmanship principles discussed in parts 1 and 2 to one germane issue in a contemporary context (1-2 pages). (The application is not a full blown case study as you read in Newell. The application links the principles and in Part 2 to a similar situation today.
In Part 2, remember to provide specific evidence (i.e., actions taken and decisions made) to explain how these leaders demonstrated the various attributes and principles discussed in Part 1. In doing all of this, keep in mind the following:
1) While statesmanship is certainly about personal leadership skills, moral attributes, and vision, it must also include an understanding of how government actually works and should be structured. There are plenty of nice, honorable people who care for others but who do not possess an understanding of the inter-workings of government and the required structure needed for a government designed to figh injustice, prevent exploitation, and limit tyranny, particularly in reforming a nation.
2) Thus, your discussion must include a conversation about the type of understanding needed by a statesman as it relates to government structure.
3) Your discussion must also focus on those statesmanship principles needed specifically for reforming a nation. It could be that different statesmanship principles are needed for these different contexts. Therefore, make sure you are thinking specifically about the challenges of creating a nation based upon justice and liberty for this assignment.
4) A Conclusion
· 3-6 pages, not including the title page or references page
· Citations from:
· 3–5 outside scholarly sources
· Any Leadership and Statesmanship article
· Newell, T. Statesmanship, Character, and Leadership in America. New York, NY: Palgrave Macmillan, (2012).
· Vaughan, David J. Statesmanship and Saint: The Principleed and Politics of William Wilberforce. Nashville, Tennessee: Cumberland House Publishing Inc. (2002)..
Due: Thursday August 4, 2016 at 8:00 p.m. (ET)
- 5 years ago
- NOT RATED
Statesmanship and Reform Analysis Paper Instructions
Discuss the key statesmanship principles needed to reform a nation. It consists of 3 parts (below). These sections must be discussed in the …5 years ago