SOCS 350 Quizzes Week 2 and 6Guide4Students
SOCS 350 Cultural Diversity in the Professions - DeVry
SOCS 350 Week 2 Quiz
- (TCOs 1 & 2) The existence of a wide variety of cultures and subcultures represented within a society is _____.
- (TCOs 1 & 2) A category of people distinguished from the dominant society on the basis of distinctive and identifiable cultural characteristics is _____.
- (TCOs 1 & 2) Caucasians with origins other than Northern or Western European who still hold and value their ethnic identity but do so without social cost are _____.
- (TCOs 3 & 4) The tangible artifacts created by a culture are _____.
- (TCOs 3 & 4) The disconnect in a society that occurs when material culture changes more rapidly than nonmaterial culture is _____.
- (TCOs 1, 3, & 4) The process that occurs when concepts, ideas, language, and behaviors cross cultural boundaries is _____.
- (TCOs 1 & 2) Evaluating cultural differences in relationship to one's own cultural standards is _____.
- (TCOs 3 & 4) An example of a person managing differences by avoidance would be
- (TCOs 3 & 4) Which of the following statements is/are true about cultures over time?
- (TCOs 1 & 2) Methods of communication vary among cultures. Some use direct and simple methods while others use indirect and complex means. Which cultures prefer indirect ways of communicating and use of gestures, facial expressions, some vague comments, and so on?
- (TCOs 1 & 2) Name and briefly describe the three categories of ethical theories introduced in the book. Briefly describe how the caring ethical theory can be used to understand and impact diversity at work and school.
SOCS 350 Week 6 Quiz
- (TCOs 6 & 7) Why is the following statement false? You can easily figure out how to communicate with your coworkers as long as you know their ethnicity.
- (TCOs 6 & 7) Millennial workers (1980–2000) tend to be motivated by
- (TCOs 6 & 7) The term white privilege means that
- (TCOs 4 & 7) Something that can generate ethnocentric responses or defensive reactions, such as voice, appearance, attitude, or behavior, is called _________.
- (TCOs 4 & 7) Time and manners are examples of this type of trigger:
- (TCO 8) The social position in life that comes as a result of behavior or things that happen over which one has no control (race, gender, and so on) is called _____.
- (TCOs 4, 5, & 7) What organizational strategies can be put in place to demonstrate that diversity is valued and to promote a culture of nondiscrimination? Discuss two specific ways in which organizations can accomplish these goals.
- (TCO 8) From the reading in Chapter 14, briefly describe general racial disparities and inequities that exist in the workplace, education, and justice system. How can these disparities be removed?
- 6 years ago
SOCS 350 Week 6 Quiz
Purchase the answer to view it