- Field: Business & Finance
1) "International Finance"
The IMF and World Bank are the world’s two leading lending institutions, but, as Acemoglu and Robinson argue convincingly in Why Nations Fail, much of their monetary assistance disappears once it enters the banking systems of developing countries. Cite concrete evidence that supports the assertion that much assistance to developing countries is simply stolen by officials. Determine other main factors that account for the misuse of these funds.
2) "Organizational Input Requirements" Please respond to the following:
- *From the scenario, demonstrate the best possible steps for a project manager to take in order to price out a job in which the specifications are not prepared until the job is half over. Provide a rationale for your response.
- *From the e-Activity, prepare a real-world example of the following task dependency examples:
- Finish to Start: You must buy a building before you can start to make changes to it.
- Start to Start: You can start planning the brick design for a patio at the same time that you start to lay its foundation
- Finish to Finish: If you were buying a house, you would want to be sure that you close the sale of your old house the same time that you close the sale of the house you were buying.
- Start to Finish: You would want to have set the date and location for your wedding before you send out wedding invitations.
3) "Initial Pricing Activities" Please respond to the following:
- Determine the manner in which the project manager and project team uses the WBS to develop a reliable bottom-up estimate. Support your response with one (1) real-world example of such usage.
- Give an example of two (2) common risks that a project manager may encounter when planning a project. For each risk identified, provide a possible preventive action or response.