SOC 203 Week 3 Discussion 2 ( Prisons and the War on Drugs ) ~ ( Latest Syllabus - Perfect Tutorial - Scored 100% )
Prisons and the War on Drugs
Drug abuse has been defined as a significant social problem. This discussion provides an opportunity to examine this problem as well as the consequences of our reliance on punishment as a solution to drug abuse.
After viewing the required video for this discussion, please answer each of the following questions:
- Discuss the differences between a culture's folkways, mores, and taboos.
- Why are some deemed infractions of normative expectations termed criminal and others social?
- How does this definitional process lead us to incarcerate fellow citizens?
- What sociological factors contribute to the criminalization of individuals in society? Explain your answer.
- Does the seriousness of drug abuse justify our reliance on the social consequences of incarceration?
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts by Day 7. Several topics are possible in this discussion, with some of you focusing on the first points while others are more interested in topics listed later in the list.
THIS TUTORIAL INCLUDES TWO ANSWERS FOR THIS DISCUSSION QUESTION TO HELP YOU SCORE BETTER
Link to other tutorials for SOC 203
Just click on Assignment/Discussion name to go to respective tutorial.
Purchase the answer to view it
Causes and Impact of Global Warming
For information on global warming, view the required video and website for this discussion and answer the following questions: