Slavery in America: A Timeline379987
Slavery was initiated in North America in 1619 and lasted until the passage and ratification of the Fifteenth Amendment to the US Constitution in 1870. During the 251 intervening years, there were numerous events, laws, and compromises that directly impacted slaves, slaveholders, freemen, abolitionists, politicians, and lawmakers.
In this assignment, you will gain a greater understanding of how slavery took over the entire nation. You will have an opportunity to examine the growth and demise of this institution.
Using your research and analysis of the Argosy University online library resources, the Internet, and the readings for this module, complete the following:
- Identify five major events, laws, compromises, or proclamations associated with slavery in the American colonies and, later, the United States. Be sure to select five items other than the initiation of slavery in 1619 and the passage and ratification of the Thirteenth Amendment.
- Select any one of these five identified items. Research at least two scholarly articles that provide additional details beyond your textbook about the one item you have selected.
- Write a paper that addresses the following:
- Prepare a timeline of the five significant events, laws, compromises, or proclamations you have chosen. The timeline must identify elements such as the date, details of the event, law, etc.
- Explain why each of the five identified items is significant. Include the social and political impact of each item in your explanation.
- Describe the specific item you selected for further research in detail.
- Explain why you consider this event, law, compromise, or proclamation as the most significant.
Be sure to support your statements with scholarly references on a separate reference page.
Write a 4-5-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources
- 7 years ago
- what are ways that an isotope can decay, giving off different forms of radiaton
- need help with art
- Which of the following sentences does not properly use a subordinating conjunction? A. You stay put unless I call for you. B. He acts like he's going to cry. C. I will refuse his demands because they are outrageous. D. As the man said, what comes around
- what is american romanticism and was it helpful?
- Why was the Spanish Empire based on economies of exploitation?
- In Willa Cather's "The Enchanted Bluff," why does Tip seem to think the bluff is so romantic?
- The ratio of apple juice to water for this recipe is 2 : 8. If Dan uses 12 gallons of...
- Linear Algebra Homework Matlab Format
- Draw the first 5 figures in a sequence of figures who's Nth entry is made of 4N +1 smilers circles....
- NOT RATED
Hum201 Module 4Assignment 2: Slavery in America: A Timeline
Slavery was initiated in North America in 1619 and lasted until the passage and ratification of the Fifteenth Amendment to the US …4 years ago
- NOT RATED
Slavery was initiated in North America in 1619 and lasted until the passage and ratification of the Fifteenth Amendment to the US Constitution in 1870. During the 251 intervening years, there were …4 years ago