Selling the Visionltjhns
Selling the Vision
Leadership is not magnetic personality—that can just as well be a glib tongue. It is not "making friends and influencing people"—that is flattery. Leadership is lifting a person's vision to higher sights, the raising of a person's performance to a higher standard, the building of a personality beyond its normal limitations.
—Peter F. Drucker, Management: Tasks, Responsibilities, Practices
Kotter (2001) identified creating a vision as one of the defining characteristics of leadership. Academics and business leaders alike seem to echo the sentiment. However, each offers his or her own guidelines and advice on how this critical task of setting a vision can be accomplished. As a scholar-practitioner in the field of business, you must draw on the work of others and add your voice to those developing a strategy for accomplishing this crucial leadership responsibility. More than that, you must develop a concrete mechanism for verifying the successful adoption of that vision. Even if you do not occupy a central leadership role, you can use the strategy you develop to help guide others in the field.
- Think of an example of a leader who was able to successfully communicate a vision for his or her organization, gain widespread adoption of that vision, and translate that vision into organizational success.
By Day 5 of Week 8, post a leadership strategy for translating a vision into organizational success. Outline the steps a leader can take to effectively communicate a vision, get others within the organization to adopt it as their own, translate that vision into measurable objectives, and measure whether those objectives have been met.
- 6 years ago
- DCF Valuation and Ownership Concepts
- A cell phone carrier has a family plan rate as follows: the first two phones cost a total of $100....
- .Difference between Exothermic and endothermic changes
- "Opportunities in Emerging Markets"
- make case study about Solar Energy (industry) in Australia
- POL 201 American National Government, Ashford
- attitude is a "psychological tendency
- multicultural psych assignment 8
- filming i\
- NOT RATED
I need 3 discussion questions written:
1. postan analysis of the factors involved in developing and leading an effective team.
Identifythreeimportant factors for …7 years ago
- NOT RATED
enghanyez6 years ago