1. Scenario B
The marketing consulting firm which you manage has been contacted by Prepared Students of America to help them develop their marketing plan. The firm has explained to you that the major reason for freshman college students to drop out is not academics but rather social and personal issues, such as poor time management skills and homesickness. The firm has developed a series of Web-based courses to help new college students make the adjustment to college life. Some of the courses include time management, test taking skills, coping with roommates, money management and social skills.
The courses are developed with 17-19 years old students in mind; however, the major audiences for sales are parents and grandparents. The firm also hopes to form relationships with organizations such as the PTA.
About the firm:
· Privately owned
· Very progressive and innovative
· Small staff of about 12 people
· Very casual and creative environment
· Well-funded but frugal
· Manic about quality
· Believes they are "on a mission"
· This is their only product
· Only about 1 year in business
· Have yet to release a product
About their marketing:
· Little to no market plan
· No brand or positioning yet
· The firm likes grassroots type marketing
· Very Internet savvy
· This is a blank slate - the firm is open to new and innovative ideas
In your report, list each of the 4P's and provide a brief definition of each of the four. (10 points)
Give a specific example of each of the 4Ps that you believe appropriate for the company's marketing plan based on the scenario above. (10 points)
Remember that your clients may know nothing about the 4P's, so be very precise in your report. They need you to be very specific so that they understand the principles of marketing you are describing.
(Points : 20)