Safety Stock in a Cross Dock FaciltyClay1203
Consider a supply chain consisting of a single manufacturing facility, a cross-dock, and two retail outlets. Items are shipped from the manufacturing facility to the cross-dock facility and from there to the retail outlets. Let L1 be the lead time from the factory to the cross dock facility and let L2 be the lead time from the cross-dock facility to each retail outlet. Let L = L1 + L2. In the analysis below, we fix L and vary L1 and L2.
a) Compare the amount of safety stock in two systems, one in which lead time from the cross-dock facility to a retail outlet is zero (i.e. L1 = L2 = 0) and a second system in which the lead time from the factory to the cross-dock facility is equal to zero (i.e. L1 = 0 and L2 = L).
b) To reduce safety stock, should the cross-dock facility be closer to the factory or the retail outlets? For this purpose, analyze the impact of increasing L1 and therefore decreasing L2 on total safety stock.
- 7 years ago
- Cash Budget for Accounting 2
- read the scenarios below and respond in the form of an essay, which consist of several paragraphs and appropriate priority or task lists. Responses should be supported fully and completely. A well-thought-out response can be accomplished in 300-500 words
- homework assignment for Prof. Dan only!!!
- Network Reconfiguration
- Accounting 251
- HR Policy Manual
- COM200 Week 4 Discussion 1 Empathy
- Persuasive Essay Write a persuasive essay of approximately 700 to 1,050-words on a local, regional, or national current event or political issue that has affected you, your family, or your community recently. For example, you could address either the
- Leadership & behavior class