For the first part of the assigned project, you must create an initial draft of the final risk management plan. To do so, you must:
- Develop and provide an introduction to the plan by explaining its purpose and importance.
- Create an outline for the completed risk management plan.
- Define the scope and boundaries of the plan.
- Research and summarize compliance laws and regulations that pertain to the organization.
- Identify the key roles and responsibilities of individuals and departments within the organization as they pertain to risk management.
- Develop a proposed schedule for the risk management planning process.
- Create a professional report detailing the information above as an initial draft of the risk management plan.
Write an initial draft of the risk management plan as detailed in the instructions above. Your plan should be made using a standard word processor format compatible with Microsoft Word.
Evaluation Criteria and Rubrics
- Did the student demonstrate an understanding of the competencies covered in the course thus far?
- Did the student include all important components of a risk management plan in the outline?
- Did the student demonstrate good research, reasoning, and decision-making skills in identifying key components and compliance laws and regulations?
Did the student create a professional, well-developed draft with proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation?
- 4 years ago
Risk management is an outline of foreseen risks or estimated impacts that a project manager anticipates in the course of a project, and the responses to those risks. The Risk plan also defines who needs to what incase a disaster happens, determines and plans for recovery contingencies and also has a communication plan to participants of the project. It is imperative to have a risk management plan since it helps a project to be proactive rather than reactive.