- Field: Business Finance - Accounting
Assignment 3: LASA 1: Whole Foods Market, Inc. and MyAccountingLab
Review Whole Foods Market, Inc’s 2010 Annual report, company information and investor information(see the link: Whole Foods Market, Inc. Investor Relations in the webilography) and write a 5-7 page paper following APA guidelines which addresses the following:
- Summarize the company’s financial performance for 2010. Do you think they satisfied stockholder expectations? Why or why not?
- Explain three business risks or threats that might threaten Whole Foods ability to accomplish their financial goals for the next 3 years. Use examples and references to support your response.
- Describe three examples of control activities Whole Foods Market, Inc. could use to minimize these risks.
- What is your overall impression of Whole Foods Market, Inc.’s annual report? Is it a financial accounting document or a managerial accounting document? Who is the target audience? Did the annual report present a positive or negative image of the company? Provide support for your responses.
|Assignment 3 Grading Criteria|
|Summarized the company’s financial performance in 2010 and explained if they met stockholder expectations.|
|Explained three business risks/threats which might threaten the company’s ability to accomplish their financial goals over the next three years.|
|Described three examples of control activities Whole Foods Market, Inc. could use to minimize these risks.|
|Described their overall impression of Whole Foods Market, Inc.’s annual report.|
Style (8 points): Tone, audience, and word choice