Retail management assignment
Open a Bar
You have decided to open a bar of your own. However, based on the material presented this week, you realize that there are quite a few regulations governing these types of retail facilities. Investigate the laws regarding operating a bar and grill. Be sure to consider all local and state regulations about the location of such establishments. Also determine what, if any, laws about security and liability are involved. In addition, determine the ethical issues involved. For example, do you want to locate near a high school or a rehab center? Do you want to hire people who are less than drinking age to work in the food section?
Write a report identifying the laws and the kind of preparation needed to support each law.
Address the following in your paper:
- First identify a State that you will use for this scenario. In addition, provide a quick analysis for the current statistics regarding bar and grill establishments within the state.
Use the following questions to complete your report:
- What are the local and state regulations for operating a bar and grill establishment?
- What are the ethical issues involved operating a bar and grill establishment?
- Where would you locate the bar and grill establishment?
- Are there any laws regarding security and liability in operating a bar and grill establishment?
- How would you manage the hiring process? Who are your prime candidates? Are there any laws for hiring a less than drinking age employee?
- While addressing each question, be sure to provide what you would need to do for the establishment in order to support the various laws and ethical situations.
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 750 – 1,250 words (approximately 3 – 5 pages) using Microsoft Word in APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least three references from outside the course material, one reference must be from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the three reference requirement.
- Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper and list on a reference page in APA style.
References must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, CNN, online newspapers such as, The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as, Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, blogs, etc. are not acceptable for academic writing.
Work Must not match any previous students asking for help!!
Six Rights of the Consumer
- Research and describe the six rights of the consumer. Provide a detailed analysis of each right and illustrate the importance.
The requirements below must …
Research and describe the six rights of the consumer. Provide a detailed analysis of each right and illustrate the importance.
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted …
Importance of Reputation Management
Write a paper that traces the history and development of PR in the United States. Pay special attention to each of the distinct stages.
The requirements below must …
- Public Relations
Formal and Informal Research
Write a paper that describes the differences between formal and informal research. What are the benefits and the drawbacks? Provide examples of when might …
Case Study: Online Purchasing at McDonalds
Read the Online Purchasing at McDonald’s case study on page 507 of your text book, and answer the three questions at the end.
Can you help with this
Presidential PR Campaign
Write a paper that describes the PR campaign each candidate conducted in the last presidential election. Was the campaign a success or failure? Defend your position.
Six Basic Steps to Decision Making
Research, analyze and interpret the six basic steps to organizational decision making and describe each one and its importance.
The requirements below must be met for …
Strategic Philanthropy for Organizations
- Research, define, and discuss what strategic philanthropy is and why it is beneficial to organizations, as well as give one example.
The requirements …
BA320 Week 3 - Assignment
Open a Bar
You have decided to open a bar of your own. However, based on the material presented this week, you realize that there are quite a few …