Respond to the three post 100 words or less
RESPOND ONLY TO THE HIGHLIGHTED STATEMENTS AND KEEP THEM LABELED A,B, AND C
A.From the e-Activity, compare and contrast the fundamental differences in the manner in which the general populace may interpret court decisions involving social policy. Provide a rationale for your response.
From the e-activity, Philip Howard explained is the best, judges apply what is best for the region or expectation. For example, “Perhaps courts inevitably make social policy that this is inhernet in the power they yield”(Howard Philip). I don’t remember was it this class are not but social media can also interfere with decision are policies made in the area, with people protesting more and communities broadcasting city council meetings it makes it easier on us to be involved. But Joffe, pointed out,” In our system we have constitutions laws and regulations, but also common law evolution and broad discretions”.
- Take a position on whether or not you believe the Supreme Court is responsive to public opinion. Examine the extent to which public opinion should affect Supreme Court decisions. Support your response with at least three (3) examples of the perceived effects of public opinion on Supreme Court decisions.
I don't think Supreme Court should be responsive to the public opinion,
1. The Supreme Court has limitation on what they can rule in, for example the Elk Grove case the issue with custodial right was left to the state.
2. They only listen to cases that interfere with the U.S Constitution.
3.Public opinion may affect common law
- Summarize three (3) Supreme Court decisions that you believe have had the most impact on our society. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Discuss the general role of the U.S. Court System in influencing society. Give your opinion on whether or not you believe that mass media influences court decisions. Provide a rationale for your response.
The three cases that I believe have had the most impact on our society are as follows:
1. Brown v. Board of Education. In 1954, the Supreme Court ruled that it was unconstitutional and unequal to have separate educational facilities for students based on their race. This case provoked the civil rights movement.
2. United States v. Nixon. In 1974, The supreme Court made a ruling that President Nixon had to turn over tapes and other documents regarding the Watergate scandal. The ruling set preliminaries which limits the power of the president of the United States.
3. Mapp v. Ohio. In 1961, the Supreme Court overturned the conviction of Dollree Mapp because the evidence that they collected to use against her was obtained illegally. They wanted to search her home without a warrant looking for a suspect in a bombing but she refused to let them in. They returned later and forced their way into her home. Her case help strengthened the Fourth Amendment, protection against illegal searches.
The court is to protect the citizen rights and to uphold the Constitution. The judges are appointed through a political process which can play a major role in their decision-making. Their decisions can have an impact on society. An example can be seen in the Roe v. Wade case. This case brought to the public's eye the legal issue of a woman's right to have an abortion as well as her rights as a person and as a citizen.
The mass media have a tremendous influence on society. The newspaper, radio, and the television helps to make a determination on what topics and stories will be discuss and spread the information. When a crime takes place, it will receive extensive news coverage will can affect the thought process of the witnesses, jurors, prosecutors, and defense attorneys.
- From the e-Activity, analyze the primary manner in which organized crime may impact all areas in our lives. Next, based on the text, specify the main ways in which the government uses Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) and Continuing Criminal Enterprise Statute (CCE) to combat global organized financial crimes like drug trafficking. Provide one (1) example of the use of RICO and CCE to support your response.
- Per the text, money laundering has been called the world’s third largest business. Discuss the overall impact that money laundering has had on the world’s financial systems. Next, give your opinion of whether or not the laws in place to combat such crime are efficient. Justify your response.
Organized crime impacts our lives in many ways because as parents we have to keep a very good eye on our children. For instance, human trafficking is a crime that organized crime is known for, so you have to be careful with your children. You have to pay higher taxes on goods and services due to a cheaper price that is most likely stolen from a supplier. RICO and CCE specifically target organized crime which includes groups and the organization that commits a crime and by linking that group or organization to the crime then they can charge everyone with that crime. Organized has a big hold on drugs which can be found in almost every neighborhood these days. By that being the case people are caught up in crime and even murders that happens right where they live with their families.
RICO is a law that as created to try to eradicate organized crime by establishing strong sanctions an forfeiture provisions and it allows people who are involved in illegal activities to be tried. It allows the state and the federal government to take action to punish these organizations. CCE is also called Kingpin Statute which is United States Federal law that targets larg scale traffickers that traffic humans and drugs. These organizations are very dangerous and they use intimidation and violence to control their organizations.
An example of RICO s when a few members of a organization runs drugs and the profits are then spread out between the members, that then involve everyone n the crime
An example of CCE is when a large drug dealer traffics drugs around the world continually.
I don't think that the laws as they are currently are not enough to stop crimes because they need beer resources and more people working to combat these crimes. If all law enforcement agencies were able to better communicate then they would be able to stop more of the trafficking that happens.
- I'm looking for the best writers to help me with these two assignments.
- Project Proposal
- Agale Combines, Inc. has $40,000 of ending finished goods inventory as of December 31, 2014. If beginning finished goods inventory...
- Create a trace table using the following values S=25,1,26,9,2 n=5 BUBBLESORT: INPUT S, n (an array called S, with n elements) FOR i...
- 21st Century Hospital
- Multiple choice questions.
- I need to write an essay about apartments from my interview with people notes . I have the notes ,I neeed...
- For TOM