1. Final project topic: Design a small country that fosters the greatest happiness for the greatest number of people.
2. The correct approach or tone is explanatory, though you will use argumentation to present your evidence.
3. It is due at the end of Week 8, Sunday at 11:59 p.m. As this is the end of the semester, no work submitted after the deadline will be accepted.
4. Project is to be formatted using APA style, which we learned earlier this semester.
5. Your research essay will begin with a Cover Page and end with References.
6. Below I provide a sample of APA formatting. Download and use it; it is the example against which your paper will be graded. You may use it as a template. Note that it includes additional info that your final papers will need, such as an abstract.
7. As usual for essays in our class, use Times New Roman font, size 12. Standard margins. Double-spaced.
8. Running header (shows up on each page) in upper right hand corner beside the page number; the running header is an abbreviated version of your title.
9. You must create at least one graph / chart as a visual aid in your essay. In Word: Insert > Chart. The graph or chart should be no larger than 1/3 of a page.
10. You must use at least five sources. These will be documented under References.
- As you practiced earlier in the semester, at least three sources must be from EBSCO. To use this database, first go to this Coastline Virtual Library link (Links to an external site.), http://forms.coastline.edu/Online_Library/Form.Library%20Login.cfm,where you'll need to enter your Coastline MyCCC username and password. Then click on "EBSCOhost" > "Student Research Center."
12. You may use and quote articles from our textbook.
13. In your essay, you'll create policies and justify them using evidence from your research.
14. You'll need to define clearly your terms (happiness, greatest number, etc.).
15. Organization: Your essay will have an introduction paragraph, several body paragraphs, and a conclusion paragraph--a beginning, middle, and end.
16. Final Research Project's total length = 10 pages. [1 page title + 1 page abstract + 7 pages content + 1 page references]
17. Your body paragraphs will zoom in on five or more national interests.
· Examples include: class, race, ideologies (belief systems, religions, and so on), urban design, architecture, transportation, renewable resources, leadership / system of government, arts (painting, literature, music, film), military, cuisine, physical / mental health of citizens, entertainment, invented history, scientific innovation / research, technology, health care, family structure, economic policies, business practices, imports / exports, geographic location, topography, natural habitat . . . and any others you can think of.
· Again, you are creating your own ideal country.
· Support your proposed policies with concrete evidence from EBSCO articles and other online research. For inspiration refer to the essays in Chapters 26 (on the ideal society), 27 (on free will), and 28 on happiness--you're assigned to read it this week--c'estparfait!
· Each body paragraph must have at least one relevant quotation and citation from a reputable source.
· This is a creative expository essay. Have fun with it--strut your stuff--you're all strong, capable writers by now.
· Be sure to create an outline, organize your ideas, and use transitions to signal shifts from section to section.
· Proofread and edit like mad!
Login can be provided for references via school site once handshake has been made.
- 5 years ago
- NEED IN 5 HOURS PLEASE
- HRM Research Assignment: DUE, SUNDAY, JANUARY 10, 2016, NO LATER THAN 4:00 P.M. MST
- IT 101 Textbook dropbox Samaras Thank You Letter Samaras Thank You Letter
- IT 238
- *LAST ASSIGNMENT *Assignment 1: LASA 2: Cultural Considerations FOR SOLUTIONS PRO.
- Special needs students assignment
- Find the margin of error. 95% confidence interval; n=12; mean of sample =35.6; s=6.4?
- PSYCH 600 Week 5 Individual Assignment Interview a Senior Citizen