Research and select 3 current epidemiological studies regarding risk factors that are associated with Diabetessullyrae
Research and select 3 current epidemiological studies regarding risk factors that are associated with Diabetes. Use the following website to search for studies: http://www.pubmedcentral.gov In a Word document: Article 1: Part one: Describe the criteria you used to select these papers (e.g., only English language, peer reviewed articles, only a specific age group, only US studies, etc). Part two: Identify the articles according to type of risk factors studied (e.g., environmental, socio-economic, behavioral). Part Three: Read each study using the Template for Assessment of Causation for Reviewing Epidemiological Studies. Template for Assessment of Causality for Reviewing Epidemiological Studies Causality Criteria Criteria to Evaluate Studies Description Exposure, Intervention Outcome Study design Study Population Main Result A. Description of the evidence What was the exposure or intervention? Was the outcome? What was the study design? What was the study population? What was the main result? Internal Validity Observation bias Recall bias Confounding Chance B. Internal Validity (non-causal factors) Are the results likely to be affected by observation bias? Are results likely to be affected by recall bias? Are the results likely be affected by confounding (list which ones)? Are the results likely to be affected by chance? Generalizability Eligible population Source population Other population C. External validity – Generalization of results Can the study results be applied to the eligible population? Can the study results e applied to the source population? Can the study results be applied to other relevant populations? Part Four: Identify proximate and/or underlying determinants for each study. Part Five: Answer the questions posed in the Template for Assessment of Causation for Reviewing Epidemiological Studies, for each study. Number each study, and list the title, and state each question in the format it appears on the template.
- 9 years ago
- how does heat travel through liquids
- divide x^3-5x+3 by x-2 using synthetic division
- how to estimate fractions
- Algebra word problem?
- What were the accounts receivable (net) for Coca-Cola and PepsiCo at the end of 2009? Which company reports the greater allowance for doubtful accounts receivable (amount and percentage of gross receivable) at the end of 2009?
- The energy wasted by the light bulb for every 100 I of electrical energy supplied to it
- Explain what happens to the viscosity of milk, quicksand and plastic when subjected to changes in temperature and pressure. Compare...
- write the fraction symbol of each equivalent fraction.