RELIGIOUS STUDIES(critical thinking)
Greetings! Here is what I expect for the essay due next Wed 11/20, as listed on the syllabus and as discussed in class today:
Focus your thinking, analysis, and writing on an article about Islam (one you've analyzed previously, or a new one). Address WHY you think Islam is portrayed in the article in the way that it is. You can consider whether you think there are any aspects of propaganda ("a slanted or distorted depiction of the truth") in the article -- and WHY this would be the case. Consider elements from my presentation last week, looking at what ideological, class, or economic interests are being served by the depiction or description of Islam in the article you choose. Also -- who owns the media outlet which produces the article? How do power relations (within the US, and between the US and other nations) affect the way Islam is described? I look forward to reading what you write on this. As always, you may be in touch with any questions or concerns.
USE THE BOOK
Digital Disconnect: How Capitalism is Turning the Internet Against Democracy
Other questions 10
- I need a film critic to "mary full of grace"
- how many earth years is 100 days on mercury
- I'm not sure on how to really list all of these thing.....can somebody help?
- Analysis of Research Essay
- PSY 475 Week 5 Psychological Testing Worksheet
- Directions: Read the following hypothetical situation. Upon completion, please identify all points at which hearsay is present, also listing any...
- Assignment Marketing Research
- Golden Star Winery Case
- Professor Kern
- BUS402 Strategic Management & Business Policy Ashford University Final Paper