Reflecting on General Education and Career
Prepare: Start by reviewing General Education Curriculum found in “Section Five: General Academic Information and Policies” in the Ashford University Academic Catalog, which addresses the core competencies that the general education courses must cover: Applied Ethics, Communication, Information Technology, Critical Thinking, and Quantitative Reasoning. Review Week Five Resources that are applicable toward career success.
Reflect: Think about the core competencies as previously mentioned and ponder your time taking general education courses. Reflect on the specific courses not associated with your college major and determine the level of new information you have acquired that relates to the core competencies. You must also think about a potential job you might apply to once you graduate and determine what skills you developed through general education courses that make you qualified for a specific job.
Write: For this discussion, you will address the following prompts:
- Review a job description through a job website (e.g., Career Builder, Monster, etc.) in your desired career field (ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES--FOREST RANGER) and identify at least five skills you have obtained through your general education courses that will make you successful at this job.
- Demonstrate with at least two examples how your newly acquired knowledge and skills have shaped both your personal and professional development.
- Describe your plans for putting your education to use within your community.
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length, which should include a thorough response to each prompt. You are required to provide in-text citations of applicable required reading materials and/or any other outside sources you use to support your claims. Provide full reference information of all sources cited at the end of your response. Please use correct APA format when writing in-text citations and references.
ATTACHED ARE THE RESOURCES FOR THIS WEEK. MAKE SURE TO WRITE IN THE FEILD OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES. MAKE SURE IT IS DONE ON TIME need this tonight. the last asshole did it 6 times and still got it wrong. now after it is 2 days late wants to give me a refund. just remember i am in the ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES AND AM TO BECOME A FOREST RANGER. ITS A SIMPLE TASK IF YOU READ AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS. MUST USE A JOB SITE LIKE THE DIRECTIONS SAY
- This is for YourBusinessTutor for the quiz
- MGT380: Week 2 Assignment
- MGMT 410 Midterm..........DeVry
- HMW DUE 24 HOURS
- COM200 Week 1 Discussion 1 Everyone Has A Culture
- American History Paper 2
- At the end of 2014, Carpenter Co. has accounts receivable of $700,000 and an allowance for doubtful accounts of $54,000. On...
- Discontinue Product Problem: RYT (aka RotYourTeeth) Candy Company
- Writing an essay about a TV show
Prepare: Start by reviewing General Education Curriculum found in “Section Five: General Academic Information and Policies” in the Ashford University Academic Catalog, which addresses the core …