Public Policy/Government questionsnanaz2005
4 questions, 1 page per question with 2 sources per question.
1. 1. Agenda setting can be a top-down or bottom-up process. What direction do you believe is generally favored in the policymaking process? Top down - "elites" in society observing a change or opportunity and thereby dictating policy down to lawmakers? Bottom up - citizens exercising their democratic voice and demanding change from those in leadership positions?
2. 2. Discuss lobbying reforms, including the Lobbying Disclosure Act of 1995 and efforts under the Bush and Obama administrations. Will these reforms reduce the perceived corruption in lobbying activities?
3. 3. The United States has never adopted clear policy guidelines regarding the use of force. When is military intervention appropriate? Defend your position, including acknowledging the potential risks associated with your chosen scenario(s).
4. 4. Look at our current criminal justice policies. Do you believe they are "rational" and support the theory that crime is more frequent when deterrence is lax, and crime declines with the movement toward stricter deterrence policies? Use examples from your readings and your own research.
- 7 years ago
- A student measures the conductivity of a KNO3 solution and determines it to be a strong electrolyte. the student incorrectly...
- Iodine-131 is a radioactive isotope. After 9.00 days, 46.0% of a sample of 131I remains. What is the half-life of...
- BUS 307: Week 5 Discussions
- what is the greatest common factor for 72 and 99
- What did hitler eat for breakfast?
- explain the difference between Roosevelt's form of progressivism and wilson's
- What is 2 + 2?
- How is made the sperm