- Explain, in terms a layperson could understand, the neurobiology of drug tolerance, dependence, and withdrawal.
- Choose one of the following areas and broadly recount its socio-historical path:
- Models of substance use
- Substance abuse treatments
- The social/self-help movements
- Treatment and prevention efforts
- In considering both psychological evaluations and laboratory assessments of substance use disorders, discuss the factors which you consider to be most pressing in determining which type(s) of assessment(s) to administer – those factors may be related to the client, to the substance being used, and/or to the assessment tools themselves.
- Characterize the three specific factors you believe are most important for a basic understanding of each of the following substances of abuse. Be sure to justify your choices using only about 100 words for each:
- Marijuana, Hallucinogens, & Club Drugs
- Cocaine & Stimulants
- Sedatives/Hypnotics & Benzodiazepines
- Choose one of the following questions:
- Based on your reading and understanding of the traditional substance use disorders thus far, argue either for or against considering the “behavioral” addictions like pathological gambling to be “addictive” disorders.
- Discuss some of the primary clinical challenges of managing pain and addiction in a clinical population.
For these questions you must use the book that is being listed as the ONLY reference. There is NO quoting allowed, all information must be restated in own words. The formatting is to be done with APA standards and ALL answers MUST be 600 words EACH.
Frances, R.J., Miller, S.I., & Mack, A.H. (Eds.). (2005). Clinical textbook of addictive disorders. (3rd ed.). New York, NY: Guilford Press.
- You are working for We Are Big Pharma, Inc., an international pharmaceutical firm with over 100, 000 employees located in several different countries
- CJA 444 Week 4 Individual Assignment Political Environment Case Study
- BIS 155 Week 5 Discussion; Data Consolidation and What-if Analysis (Graded)
- 2nd Payment
- Can you write an argument for reading " the yellow wallpaper"?
- BSHS 465 Week 1 to 5 Assignments Only / (For vivanm only)
- 4 responses
- Discussion: Macy's Financial Position
- 1. Statistical significance in the Chi-square test means the population distribution (expected) is not the source of the sample (observed) data. (Points : 1) True False Question 2.2. For a one sample confidence interval, the interval i