Proposal for Final Project – Recommendation ReportPreston2146
This week you will write a proposal that will help you to prepare the Recommendation Report draft that is due in Week Four, and then the final version of the Recommendation Report that is due in Week Five. Your Proposal this week requires you to identify your Final Project – Recommendation Report topic (see the list of topics below) and complete an Audience Analysis. Guiding questions and suggestions about audience are located on pages 87-93 of the textbook. Your Audience Analysis should be one page in length and your Proposal should be three pages in length, excluding the title page and a references page.
The following are possible topics for your Final Project: THIS WILL BE YOUR TOPIC FOR THE FINAL PROJECT:
- Environmental Cleanup Recommendation Report
You will need instructor approval this week if you would like to choose a topic that is not on the list above.
While different audiences will require alternative formats, your Proposal should mimic the traditional example of an “internal proposal” on pages 435-442 of Technical Communication. It is important to note that proposals are preliminary documents written to gain management’s approval (pages 109-110) for the writer to engage in tasks that lead to a Recommendation Report. A proposal also promises “deliverables” (page 422-424) that a Recommendation Report must produce.
To complete your Proposal for this week, you are required to include the following sections in the order presented below:
- APA Cover Page.
- Audience Analysis: Address all of the questions on pages 87-91. Insert this document at the beginning of your Proposal in order to justify your proposal’s objective, direction, and constraints.
- Purpose: In the most concise terms, explain the purpose of your Proposal, which is to introduce your Recommendation Report topic to your audience.
- Summary: Include a summary, which serves “as an advance organizer” (page 454) of the information contained in the full Proposal.
- Introduction: Provide an explanation of the problem or question you hope to eventually answer in your Final Project. The Introduction section of your Proposal is where you will provide context and background for what gave rise to the need to produce these documents.
- Proposed tasks: Includes the methodology of the Final Project broken down into clear and measurable segments. In this section of your Proposal, you must anticipate all tasks that will lead to the completion of the Recommendation Report. It is recommended that you review Chapter 18, pages 515-532 to help you complete this section.
- Schedule: Provide a timeline for the completion of the above tasks and the entire Final Project – Recommendation Report (Gantt charts on pages 434-442).
- Experience: Include your credentials or future goals in relation to the subject matter References in APA format. This section should be at least 150 words in length.
- Include at least four sources in addition to the course textbook that are amply and appropriately cited in the text of the document and listed on the Reference page. Two sources must be scholarly journal articles from the Ashford University Library.
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS: ATTACHED ARE THE SOURCES TO HELP YOU ALSO ALL THE NEEDED CHAPTERS. ATTACHED IS THE GRDING RUBICS SO YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS THAT THE ASSIGNMENT WILL NEED AND HOW IT WILL BE GRADED
In Week Two, you will be asked to initiate research on the topic of your Final Project
- 4 years ago
- NOT RATED
Understanding the facets of an audience and how to meet its needs is critical for technical writers. For example, writers would develop a technical document much differently for a team of scientists …4 years ago