Problem 3-25 Comprehensive Cycle Problemmoreland
Problem 3-25 Comprehensive Cycle Problem At the beginning of 2012, the Jeater Company had the following balances in its accounts: Cash $4,300 Inventory 9,000 Common Stock 10,000 Retained Earnings 3,300 During 2012, the economy experienced the following events: 1. Purchased inventory that cost $2,200 on account from Blue Company under terms 1/10, n/30. The merchandise was delivered FOB shipping point . Freight costs of $110 were paid in cash. 2. Returned $200 of the inventory that it had purchased because the inventory was damaged in transit. The freight company agreed to pay the return freight cost. 3. Paid the amount due on its accounts payable to blue company within the cash discount period. 4. Sold inventory that had cost $3,000 for $5,500 on account under terms 2/10 n/45 5. Received merchandise returned from a customer . The merchandise originally cost $400 and was sold to the customer for $710 cash during the previous accounting period. the coustomer was paid $710 cash for the returned merchandise. 6. Delivered goods FOB destination in event 4. Freight cost of $60 were paid in cash. 7. Collected the amount due on the account receivable within the discount period. 8. Took a physical count indicating that $7,970 of inventory was on hand at the end of the accounting period. A. Identify these events as asset source (as) asset use (ua) asset exchange (ae) or claims exchange (ce) B. Record each event in a statements model like the following one. balance sheet income statement [event] assets = liab. = equity rev.-exp.= net inc. [statement of cash flows] cash +accts. rec + mdse.inv = accts pay. + ret earn. c. Prepare an income statement, a statement of changes in stockholders equity, a balance sheet and a statement of cash flows.
- 9 years ago
- How many times was Anne of Cleves married?
- XEROX CORPORATION* Xerox Corporation is in the information products and systems business worldwide. Everyone is familiar with the Xerox copy machines,...
- Grace has five coins: one penny, one nickel, one dime, one quarter, and one loonie. How many different amounts can...
- y= e^2x(cosx) a) Show that dy/dx=e^2x (2cosx-sinx) b) Find (d^2)y/dx^2 AT the point P (a,b), (d^2)y/dx^2=0 c)Use the results from parts a and...
- A bag with 7kg of food accelerates down at 6m/s with air resistance. Determine the force of air resistance on...
- Solve.name the operation or operations you used. An oak tree measured 52 ft high. How many inches would it measure?
- What is the slope intercept of these two point? (9,-4)(15,-9)
- The FCC of my numerator and denominator is 3. I am equivalent to 2/5
- find differential equation of straight line with a fixed point (h,k)
Problem 3-25 Comprehensive cycle problem: Perpetual system At the beginning of 2012, the Jeater Company had the following balances in...NOT RATED
Problem 3-25 Comprehensive cycle problem: Perpetual system At the beginning of 2012, the Jeater Company had the following balances in its accounts: Cash $4,300 Inventory 9,000 Common Stock …9 years ago