Problem 16-10: Unsecured sources of short-term loans. John Savage has obtained a short-term loan from First Carolina Bank. The loan...snoman
Problem 16-10: Unsecured sources of short-term loans. John Savage has obtained a short-term loan from First Carolina Bank. The loan matures in 180 days and is in the amount of $45,000. John needs the money to cover start-up costs in a new business. He hopes to have sufficient banking from other investeros by the end of the next 6 months. First Carolina Bank offers John two financing options for the $45,000 loan: A fixed-rate loan at 2.5% above prime rate, or a variable-rate loan at 1.5% above prime. Currently, the prime rate of interest is 6.5%, and the consensus forecasts of a group of mortgage economists for changes in the prime rate over the next 180 days are as follows: 60 days from today the prime rate will rise by 0.5%; 90 days from today the prime rate will rise another 1%; 180 days from today the prime rate will drop by 0.5%. Using the forcast prime rate changes, answer the following questions. a. Calculate the total interest cost over 180 days for a fixed-rate loan. b. Calculate the total interest cost over 180 days for a variable-rate loan. c. Which is the lower-interest cost loan for the next 180 days?
- 9 years ago
- Today is your birthday and you are now 37! You are planning your retirement and have decided that you can...
- “Hitler came to power in 1933 solely because of the 1929 Wall Street Crash.” Do you agree? (12 marks)
- what is the equation for (24,6)
- what do you call a successful farmer?
- 12*m+ squar root of 23
- how do i compare the u.s.bill of rights and texas bill of rights on a t-chart
- Queens Delivery Service is owned and operated by Lisa Dewar. The following selected transaction were completed by Queens Delivery service...
- How do I Start my introduction about a flashlight fish?
- if <ABC and <DBE are vertical angles and <PQR=<ABC,then <PQR =<DBE rewrite conditional in given and prove format
- b/9 is less than or equal to 5/3