PPA 603 Government Budgeting Week 4vroins
Week 4 Discussion 1
Once the budget has been prepared by the various agencies, it is often moved forward to the legislative body for authorization. The legislation process can result in unintended outcomes and restrictions. Search the internet and news reporting services for a story on an unintended outcome of interest to you and answer the following questions:
How did politics shape the outcome in unexpected ways?
Did “pork” spending or “apportionments and allotments” budget amendments affect the legislation?
Did a mid-year crisis or change in revenue expectations substantially impact the budget legislative action?
Week 4 Discussion 2
Performance budgeting has been attempted at the local level in recent years. Address the issues of performance budgeting while answering the following questions:
What attributes of performance budgeting make it particularly suitable to local government budgeting?
Will the same attributes be as useful at the federal level?
Lee, R.D. & Johnson, RW. (2008). Public budgeting systems (8th ed.). Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett.
- 4 years ago
- getting students to think about their thinking
- COM 350 Week 2 Individual Assignment Characteristics that are Common to Organizations Paper
- BSHS 441 Week 4 Learning Team Assignment Interview With a Social Services Lobbyist
- BSHS 342 Week 4 Individual Assignment Personal Perspective on Changes in Adulthood, or Paper
- AJS 542 Week 6 Individual Assignment Personal Criminological Theory Review
- ACC 490 Week 1 Individual Assignment Generally Accepted Auditing Standards Paper
- BUS630 Final Paper
- HRM 548 Week 4 Learning Team Rewards and Compensation Draft
- Earth Science - for lady hawkins Ph.D